Forty Eight

Nord

The babies fussed before me in the carrier.

I'd brought them back to my room... Something primal not wanting them away from me.

Yet now here I was sat in the dark. Protectively keeping watch over my sons.

The room felt too quiet.
I inhaled laying down, ignoring the babies cooing.

A part of me ached but I had told him time and time again. I told him to trust me.

I had never cheated on him. Never.
Even if it drove him crazy there was no ounce of reality to the claim.

Reed crept into the room looking pleased with himself.

" He's gone, has he?"

I didn't answer him as he sat down on the bed beside the babies.
My head turned so fast in his direction... And I felt the fire fume.
" Get away from them. I want you no where near them."
He chuckled " Aw Honey, I wasn't gonna hurt them. They're only babies."

I sat up leering at him as he climbed off the bed.

" You are not to be alone with them... Ever. Are we fucking clear Reed?"

He tilted his head at me exposing his neck.

" You don't have to worry. But I have to say... I can't believe what I'm seeing. I don't even recognise you anymore. Do you like playing happy normal families with him?"

I leered up at him " I wasn't playing anything. He made me happy. Outside his constant worrying and assumptions I found a piece of myself in him. Something I couldn't find elsewhere."

He scoffed " But... You were the one who said it was all pre arranged... And you, actually like that kid?"

I swallowed hard looking over at Reed.

He folded his arms in his skin tight clothes " You could have been honest with him.... Told him you keep us round because you have... Other interests that he would never understand. He can't satisfy you... Right?"

I laughed out " I don't think he would have cared about my toys.... I think the problem is you. The previous object of my affections is still here in a house that now belongs to him. You were living here with the person I love. I don't think he wants to share and frankly... I wouldn't want to either. He assumes I'm still in love with you."

Reed scoffed " Boulogne! You never loved me."

I growled " Yeah you're right I didn't. I almost... regret keeping you here. If you didn't make yourself so fucking useful."

He glared at me before eyeing the babies.

I cleared my throat " If you touch them... I won't let you live peacefully. The love of my life is gone, so look pleased with yourself and fuck off back to your room."

I stared down at the phone in my hands as Reed shuffled out muttering something under his breath.

Light was right. I'd ruined his happiness and my own and put our children in potential danger.

Looking at them they only seemed to remind me of him.
My eyes felt heavy along with my shoulders.

I had to call him. I had to explain.

Light

The phone rang waking me, my eyes still ached from all the crying... And I couldn't even see the name...