37) Joavin

"Joaquin?" Kevin shouts as the black haired boy that was running past him comes to a halt.

"Kevin, is that you?" Joaquin asks but before he gets a reply Kevin runs over and wraps his arms around Joaquin's neck and Joaquin wraps his arms around Kevin's torso.

"God, I've missed you so much," Kevin says. "Where have you been?" he asks as they separate.

"When I came back to Riverdale to get Fangs I got caught and they took me to jail. I guess I should've stayed in San Junipero," Joaquin says, looking at the ground.

"No," Kevin says. "I'm so glad that you're back. Do you need a place to stay?"

"I think I'll just stay at the Whyte Wyrm. Thanks though."

"You don't know, do you?" Kevin asks. "The south side is completely taken over by the Ghoulies, including the Whyte Wyrm. You can stay at my place; my dad is never home anyway."

Joaquin forces a smile. "Alright, if you insist."

"We should go before things get bad," Kevin suggests and Joaquin nods in agreement as they run and meet Archie and Betty at the escape car."

"Finally," Betty says as she starts the engine and they speed away from the cruel institution.

"Archie," Joaquin says, guiltily looking at his bloody torso, "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Kevin asks.

"I'm the one who stabbed him," Joaquin admits.

"You what?" Betty says angrily.

"I had to! It's not like I wanted to," Joaquin defends himself. "If I didn't do it we both would've died."

"It's alright. You did what you had to do," Archie says and then groans in pain.

"Arch, what's wrong?" Betty asks and looks over.

"I'm fine," Archie says as Betty almost swerves off the side of the road. "Keep your eyes on the road. I'll be okay."

They all meet at the bunker and start to examine Archie's wound.

"It's really deep," Veronica says.

Betty thinks for a minute. "We need to get you to someone that can help, unless anyone here knows how to stitch up a wound."

"I could try," Josie steps forward.

"Wait, seriously?" Veronica asks.

"Yeah," Josie says. "My mom made me take these stupid first aid and nursing classes last year. I guess they came in handy after all."

"Archie, are you okay with this?" Betty asks.

"Yeah," Archie says. "I trust Josie enough to stitch me up."

"Are you sure?" Veronica asks.

"Ronnie, a mediocre stitch job is better than an open, infected wound," Archie says.

"Okay," Veronica says. "Josie, what will you need?"

Josie looks around the room. "I'll need a needle, some stitching thread, rubbing alcohol, gloves, and some cotton swabs."

"I can go get that for you," Cheryl steps up and says.

"Thank you," Veronica says. "Try to fly under the radar to avoid any questions if you have to stop at a store."

"We can go to my house," Toni says. "I should have everything there."

Kevin steps forward. "I should check my house too. Who knows what my dad has lying around."