24) Beronica

"Congrats, B," Veronica says, admiring her girlfriend in her new cheer uniform. "I knew you'd make the team."

Betty smiles. "If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't even be on the team."

"Actually, during auditions I never play favorites," Veronica says. "You did it all by yourself."

"Hm," Betty says. "That's... empowering."

"What is?" Veronica asks.

"Knowing that I did something for myself without the help of anyone."

"Well," Veronica says, placing her arms over Betty's shoulders, "I was the one that pushed you to try out so technically I did help you a little bit."

"Maybe just a little," Betty says and places their foreheads together.

"Oh, Betty Cooper, you really are something else," Veronica says with a small smile.

Betty closes the gap and kisses Veronica. It was brief, though because Cheryl walked into the locker room.

"Aw, B and V practicing some PDA. How awfully disgusting," Cheryl comments and Veronica just glares at her while she walks away.

"Sorry," Veronica says.

"Why are you sorry? Cheryl is always like that," Betty says.

"I don't know," Veronica says. "I just feel like since I'm the one that broke up with her, I'm responsible for all of the comments and glares I get from her."

"Hey," Betty says, "look at me."

Veronica looks into Betty's eyes.

"You did what you had to do. You did what was best for you at the time and that's all that should matter."

"I know," Veronica says. "I just feel guilty for leaving her like that."

"You don't need to feel guilty," Betty says as she places a hand on Veronica's cheek. "You ended things with her over a year ago. If this still affects you I don't know what to tell you."

"Wait," Veronica takes Betty's hand off of her face, "are you angry with me?"

"No," Betty replies honestly. "I just think that you shouldn't be bothered by Cheryl's presence anymore."

"I'm not," Veronica defends herself.

"Are you sure about that?" Betty asks with a small laugh. "Do you, do you still love her?" Betty says hesitantly.

"At the start of Cheryl and I's relationship I did but toward the end, no, I didn't and I don't. I love you Betty Cooper," Veronica says and looks up at Betty's eyes that immediately lit up like Christmas lights.

"I love you too, Veronica," Betty says as she embraces Veronica in a hug.

Veronica hugs her back. "So," she says as they separate, "how about Friday, you and me go on a date."

"Ooh," Betty says, "where to?"

"I was thinking the movies," Veronica says.

"Classic, I like it," Betty compliments.

"Alright, I'll pick you up at 7."

Betty smiles. "Sounds good. I should get going, my mom will have a meltdown if I'm not home before dinner."

"Okay, see you later."

"Bye," Betty says and then walks out of the locker room.

Veronica starts gathering up her things when the door opens again.