"Dom..." Zeke paused for a moment. He was struggling with the right words to calm him down. "Miko was just doing what he always does."

"What? Invade our privacy?" He let his body flare back at the table as he threw his hands down hard. He kept his voice low, but it flashed his resentment. He had never really felt that way about Miko's methods, but something snapped inside of him. Perhaps it was his desire to keep Ashley safe. Or maybe his time for being in a gang was coming to an end. He wasn't sure, but he didn't want to put his anger in check either.

Zeke had seen a few heads turn at the loudness of Dom's sudden movement. This wasn't the place for a temper to be out of place. Too many eyes and ears honing in on them. "Protect you." He said simply as he got up from the table, throwing a few dollars down for a tip. It was a fast food joint, but he always liked to make sure whatever kid cleaned their table had a smile on their face. It was too damn dark of a world not to have a smile on your face every now and again. He began walking away to finish their rounds. He was sure Dom's temper would soon follow him out. It was time to deal with it the right way, just like Miko had wanted him to do.

Dom sat stunned for a moment. He heard the door of the business jingle as Zeke walked out. The words shouldn't have surprised him. It had always been the way Miko had ran his business. The leader had always done what he could to keep his people safe. Protected.

Zeke paused outside the door. He lit a cigarette and watched a few cars drive by in the lateness of the hour. Smoke puffed out around his face as he removed the cigarette and exhaled. He heard the door behind him open, but he didn't turn around. "Who you decide to get into bed with ain't none of our damn business, Dom, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't know so we can protect you."

"I didn't ask for it, Zeke." Dom's words were rough like gravel being grated under tires. He knew that he sounded ungrateful, but how else was he suppose to respond? Thank you for trying to protect me, but I don't want it? No, that wouldn't sound good either.

"Wow, Dom. You're a piece of work right now, aren't you?" The words fumbled quickly out of Zeke's mouth. He turned to look at the man. "You're our brother now; we protect family. You would have done the same thing for me."

The man was probably right. Dom's mind was still in the gutter though. "I'm only family if I follow the rules right? If that's the truth, than I didn't follow the rules with Ash. What the hell's to stop you from putting a bullet in my back?"

"What's to stop you from doing the same to me?" Some anger was flaring itself up in Zeke's eyes. He inched a little closer to Dom and looked down at him. He wasn't much taller, but enough to appreciate that intimidation factor. "Your little whore seems to be doing quite the number on your mind. Quit stabbing me in the back, brother."

Dom didn't even bother responding to the remark. He threw his fist into Zeke's mouth as fast and forcefully as he could. He could feel Zeke's teeth cut into his fist a little bit as the man stumbled backward. He was too angry to care. It wasn't even so much Zeke's words that had pushed him over the edge. It was the fact that Trent had hurt someone precious to him once more. He had done that without Dom having a chance to get back at him. Again.

"Come on, brother. Get that anger out." Zeke encouraged. He grabbed the man with one big hand locking around his throat as he dragged him backward toward an alleyway. There was no need for people to see a rift in their gang. Fighting in the public where eager eyes watched was dangerous and made them look weak. That was not the united front that Miko would be pleased to show. He could feel Dom's fingers scratching at his arm in a struggle. He could feel the anger pumping through his brother. He released him when they were in the darkness of the alley. Nobody would be back there to see them.