Chapter 15

Dom had slept the rest of the afternoon away. It was all he could do to keep from thinking about Ashley. Some good thoughts, some not so good thoughts, and some dirty thoughts. He was a guy, it wasn't easy to turn off that side unless you were completely not attracted to a woman. And even then, there was no guarantee. He had given himself the pep talk that he had to keep his distance from her. If anyone in his gang found out... if anyone from her gang found out...

Dom's brows furrowed together while he thought about it all. He threw cold water on his face. Sleeping half the day away hadn't been a great plan. It was after two in the morning and he wasn't even close to being tired. His mind was running a mile a minute. He needed to come up with a game plan.

Thunder could be heard in the distance. He hadn't really noticed it raining before, but then again it didn't surprise him that he hadn't noticed it either. He looked up at himself in the mirror. He could make out the weary lines in face from stress. He didn't really have the stress problem in his gang, just the usual anticipation for action or the wariness of not stepping on someone's toes. No, this stress wasn't from that. It was from worrying about Ashley's safety. He remembered that same stress when he was worried about Chloe and the baby. It was the same feeling too. The feeling of wanting to be with them all the time. To see her expressions and be by her side. To keep them safe.

The fact that he was feeling those same feelings with Ashley, scared him. He hadn't thought that those feelings could ever be reawakened. He didn't want them revived, but here he was. And there she was.

Dom's mouth gaped open for a moment when he came out of the bathroom and saw her wet figure in front of his door. "Ash..." The words lingered on his lips as he could fully make out her entire body through the wet clothes. He swallowed hard and pulled his focus back up onto her face.

She blinked innocently enough. "I couldn't stay away." She bit her lip, unsure of how he'd react.

He couldn't help but notice her usually stormy eyes now mellow and laid back. He almost dared to describe her eyes as happy. "You shouldn't be here." He said simply. He wanted to bite back the words when she looked disappointed with his response. How was he to respond to her right now though?

"I don't want to go back. Not right now." She said simply back to him. Her body was tense and her figure unsure of what to do next. She shifted her weight back and forth between her feet. She waited patiently for his next words.

This is what he wanted. He had wanted to see her there with him, but now it seemed too real to be true. It worried him though. She shouldn't be there. He scratched his head and turned back into the bathroom. In a second he came back out with a towel. "Here..." He awkwardly handed the piece of dryness to her.

Ashley reached out with eagerness to dry off. "Do you have a shirt that I can borrow until my clothes dry?" She was beginning to shake with the coolness of being damp.

Dom nodded his head without saying anything. He turned to his room and began fumbling through his closet. "This is a bad idea." He whispered as he pulled a black shirt off of a hanger and out of its place in his closet. He inched his way out of the room and back to the girl.

Dom's breath caught in his throat. Ashley had taken off her shirt with only her hair covering her breasts. Her pants had slid down to her feet just as she looked up at him. He guessed that her panties were either dry or lightly damp since they were the only thing left on, not that it mattered as she reached down to pull the pants off of her ankles. The thong that she wore revealed her finely shaped fanny. She was beautiful.