Chapter 27

Dom had looked around his settings just in time to make eye contact with Liv. She had turned and began walking away. He had been drowning his life in many toxic tequila shots over that afternoon. He didn't particularly care for the drink, but he wanted to feel the liquor fast. He stood a bit too fast from his chair to go for the girl and had to steady himself against the bar counter first.

"Liv, wait..." He could barely stumble out of his mouth as his feet equally stumbled after her. He made it out of the building in time to see that she had waited for him.

"Why the hell should I wait for you?" Her eyes had already formed narrow slits and her voice was snappy and cold.

"Because I asked you too." His voice had already taken on a slur to it, but he tried his best to keep it steady. It was a failed mission.

Liv shook her head at his disheveled mess of a life. "You're drunk."

"May...beeee a little." He wobbled a bit on his feet. He had lost count of how many shots he had taken. Maybe a few more than he could really handle. It took away the bite of everything though.

Her expression was still furious around the edges, but she gentled up a bit. "Come on. I'll get you to bed." She linked her arm around his waist and tried to steady his walking as she led him away.

"It's stilllll earlllly." He couldn't stop the slur again. Not too much was going through his brain, except for spinning. Everything was spinning.

"It may be early, but you need to sleep this off. You and me need to go on shift as soon as you recover a bit from this." She said clearly. She was a lot stronger than she looked and tougher than what people liked to believe.

Dom knew that he'd have to make it up to her eventually. He owed her a lot. Especially after her taking care of him and Ashley.

"I'm glad you live close." She mumbled as she pulled him around a few corners and through an alleyway or two.

He wasn't coherent enough to see exactly where they were going. In fact, passing out seemed like a very good idea. His eyes fluttered a little bit and his feet stumbled.

"Oh no you don't. You wait until we get to your place. No passing out on me now!" She growled at him and picked up her pace. She dragged him through an apartment building and up steps until she was standing in front of his doorway. Her upper lip curled up in frustration when she couldn't open the door.

"Why the hell do you never have this unlocked?" She snapped at his barely conscious self.

"Above the doorframe." He mumbled under his breath.

Liv's hand snapped up above the door. "Good to know." She pulled down the key and unlocked the door. She pushed him onto a random chair near the door and pulled off his shoes. "You're high maintenance, di'Liardo." She grumbled out the words as she took off her own shoes.

"My wife would tease me about that." He could barely get out of his mouth. A random smile lit up his face.

Liv looked up at him for a moment, before reaching over to help him up. "She was right." She coaxed him into his bedroom and laid him on the bed. "You're gonna be feeling this in the morning. Sleep well." She pushed up the covers around him and walked out of the room. Leaving the man to sleep off his over zealous and very unnecessary drinking binge.

----------------------------------------

Well someone's spiraling... *Cough *Cough *Dom *Cough

And as usual Liv is being the saint she never thought she'd be LOL!

What's the worst hangover you've had? *If you're old enough to be drinking!!*

I can honestly say that I've only had a true hangover maybe twice in my life. If I drink I'm careful not to overindulge, or drink plenty of water! The one time I went a little overboard I was up throwing up half the night and slipped in it when I decided I needed a shower to clear away my headache. To make matter's worse,  my year-and-a-half year old at the time had diaper rash and was up crying part of the night (my sober hubby and mother-in-law were home at the time, but both were sleeping - Of Course!). If you think that was rough, when I got up I had to clean up my mess -which was ALL OVER the bathroom - in the morning while I was still pretty sick.

Needless to say, people, NEVER AGAIN! Remember that if you think about drinking too much. It's not really worth it!! LOL!

Now enough of my overly graphic experience...

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ...and my embarrassing experience...

Like, Comment, Vote :)