Chapter 9: Classes Begin!

After doing different activities with the other Gryffindors, I am very tired. I had a ton of fun though and it was totally worth it! The Gryffindors are the best! And I am so proud to be part of Gryffindor House! Neville even let us eat dinner up in the common room and the house elves came up and gave us some delicious food. Yum!

Classes are finally going to start tomorrow and although I’m really excited, I’m also rather nervous. What if my teachers hate me? What if I fail in class? But, the minute my head touches the pillow, I am asleep and all thoughts of classes vanish.

I dream of magic, and different colors swirl around me. I am having a rather nice time when a thin vine wraps around my feet. I try to kick it off, but the more I move the more it wraps around me. It tightens around me, suffocating me and I try to scream, try to get away, but it is no use. As I struggle, the vine suddenly disappears and in front of me appears Selena. I scream in terror as I see that she is covered by the vine and blood drips down her cheek.

She chokes and her eyes widen and see me, “I’m sorry,” she chokes out and then disappears.

I awake, cover with sweat and without any covers.

“Are you all right?” asks Rose and I blearily see that all 4 of my housemates are standing anxiously around me.

“I’m alright,” I whisper, “What happened?”

“You were yelping and then you started rolling around. Your hands were around your neck as if someone was strangling you,” Alice tells me quietly.

“What time is it?” I ask them, wanting to forget the whole thing.

“It’s time for breakfast,” they tell me.

“Are you sure you’re all right?” Rose asks anxiously.

I wave it off and begin getting ready for the day.

I don’t want them to know that I was seriously shaken by the dream. Could it be a premonition? Why did Selena apologize in the dream?

The dream doesn’t leave my mind until I see Professor Longbottom handing out schedules at the breakfast table. Classes start today! Shaking off the dream, I hurry to get my schedule.

As soon as I get my schedule I compare it with Rose. We have the exact same schedule! Today we’re going to have History of Magic with the Hufflepuffs and then double, whatever that means, Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Ravenclaws. I’m so excited to meet my teachers!

I eagerly eat breakfast and although it’s a lot of food, it’s nowhere near as much as what Albus and Scorpius are eating. They shove the food into their mouths, as if they are pigs. I sigh, boys will be boys forever. They catch me staring at them and immediately ask why.

 “You two being boys,” I reply.

They look at each other, confused.

“Oh well, forget about it,” I say to them.

After getting my books with Rose, we hurry to History of Magic. I’m eager to meet Professor Forestius. Hopefully he’s a good teacher, since the older Gryffindors told us that their teacher, Professor Binns, was horrible and I have always loved history!

We stand in a line in front of the door. I see the girl that had the white hair. What was her name? Annamarie, that’s what it was. She looks slightly lonely; I decide that I am going to go say hi to her.

“Hi, you’re Annamarie, right?” I ask her. “I’m Julia Smith, and it’s nice meeting you.”

She nods her head and gives a small smile. I wonder why she doesn’t talk. I am about to talk to her some more when I see Professor Forestius opening the door. I walk inside and sit down next to Rose. We all take out our books.