#28: Blink, What Next...

Start from the beginning

What!

I couldn't respond, I didn't know how to.

"Melly, did your screen froze?"

With one hand I quickly powered off my computer, seeing a dim reflection of my eyes blinking... stupidly.

I honestly don't know what came over me. Could you tell me?

--

Following day,

I thought of ways to approach him, and my ideal approach finally came to mind. By the time Almara picked us (meaning Violet and I) from school I had a set plan.

It was to talk, as if no time passed. That's what I... wanted, needed, and slightly... okay, fully expected from Gus. That was my mentality when we got dropped off.

And there he stood, wearing a hood. A black one.

Violet shoved at my shoulder, with an unnecessary smirk on her face,"Remember practice starts in twenty minutes"

Watching her walk away, took away the process of him walking over- so when I shifted my attention in his direction, his image stood inches away from me. Quickly, I look toward the concrete, gathering a new me. Out of character, if you will.

"Hi!"

Too enthusiastic, normal me would've waited until spoken to.

His smile showed through his greeting and I pushed even further, "I have practice"

(Obviously.)

"I know" he half laughed. Again, I forced the talking... and next you know, I had questions. Too many, if you ask me.

"If you could be an animate object, what would you be?" I asked as we walked, with no destination in sight.

"I don't know"

"I'd be a blade," Although being out of character, that answer was indeed true, "What about an animal, what would you be?"

Should I mention how many times I furrowed my brows? No.

"Um, I don't know"

I don't know this, I don't know that... and minute by minute, I became more agitated. The communication wasn't well-rounded. I felt awkward with each passing second.

Oh shut up! You brought this upon yourself!

Instead of listening to my conscience, the word vomit continued,

"What about school, what's your favorite subject?"

Stop forcing! You sound like a questionnaire!

"I don't have one, they all suck"

To his comment, my brows scrunched even more. It's evident his answer grasp my full attention, I, meaning my true self had to... make a point, "There has to be one that you generally like"