37 Let Go

*Delilah's POV*

       A Few Hours Earlier

"Good morning, sir." I tell Blake as I walk into the office. It's been a few days since I've been in New York.

       "Good morning. Hey, I need a favor." Blake says as he walks up to me. Today he's wearing a  black button down shirt and khaki pants. I look down at my black long-sleeved dress that hugs my curves and my black flats.

        "What is it?" I ask.

        "Can you go with me to Houston?"

        "Of course. When do we leave?" I ask.

         "As soon as you're ready. I don't know how long we'll be gone."

        "Alright. Let me go home and pack."

        "Alright. I'll pick you up in an hour. Is that enough time?"

       "Yeah, that's fine." I say as I grab my stuff and rush out of the building. It's a good thing I showered this morning. I drive home and start throwing stuff in my suitcase. I put on some makeup and put some earrings in as well as a necklace.

         What do I pack? Houston is hot, right? But it might be chilly. I throw dress clothes, regular clothes, shoes, you name it. I jump on my suitcase to get it to close. Usually I'm a very organized packer but damn, I only have one hour!

         "Delilah, you ready?" Blake says as he knocks on my door. It's been an hour already?! I zip the bag and fix myself. Then I grab my bag and purse. I walk to the door and open it with a smile on my face.

        "Yup." I say as I walk past him. We don't talk until we get to his Porsche that is parked next to my Cadillac that Janet and Kevin finally brought to me yesterday.

        "Just throw it in the trunk." Blake says as he pops the trunk for me. I thank him and put my bag in the trunk. I walk to the front and start buckling.

"Ready?" Blake asks.

"Ready." I assure him. I'm ready for this trip. This trip can and will change things. I know it. Deep down I know that once I get on that plane, there's no going back. I just don't know why or how everything is going to change, I just know something will change.

********

We get our stuff and start walking out of the airport. Blake had ordered someone to get a car for us. Once the black Cadillac shows up, I grin. Blake leads me to the car and opens it for me. Such a gentlemen.

"Are you hungry?" Blake asks and I nod my head.

"Can you take us to What-A-Burger?" Blake asked the driver.

"Absolutely sir." The driver says and a few minutes later we are at What-A-Burger. I've never heard of this place before.

"What do you want?" Blake asks me.

"A burger and fries. With a sweet iced tea, please." I tell him and he gets out of the car. He walks in and I go on my phone. I have a few missed calls and text messages from Janet and Rachel. I decide to text Rachel.

Me
I'm fine. No need to worry. The flight was fine. I'm eating now. It's fast food too.

A few minutes later she texts me back.

Rachel
Good job! You need a break from being a healthy freak!

I laugh and text her a quick thank you. A few seconds later Blake comes back with my food and tea. I thank him and start eating.