31 I'm Hungry

*Delilah's POV*

        How dare he say something like that?! How dare he call me "delicate"?! I may be broken but I'm sure as heck not delicate! That asparagus elk head! What a butterfly! I feel like punching something until my knuckles bleed or curl up in a ball and sob my eyes out. How pathetic. I'm a pathetic person. But I hate self-pity.

       I sit in Janet's room, ranting to her about my problems. She had kicked out Kevin so we could have a "girl talk". But it's just me ranting about being "delicate". Janet just sits on her bed, filing her nails. I bet she's not even paying attention.

        "Girl, take a fucking chill pill!" Janet suddenly yells. I stop and stare at her.

         "Now, listen carefully to me. Are you listening?" Janet asks, irritated as heck.

       "Yes, ma'am." I tell her.

       "Good. When was the last time you ate?" She asks. That's a good question. I think for a minute before answering her.

       "When Ryder and I were at Panera. I think."

       "Well no damn you are moody! You are hungry! You know that you have to eat or else you get moody and nauseous. Not to mention all of the exercising the two of you have done since then!"

        "We have not exercised!"

        "Delilah, you burn quite a bit of calories having sex."

         "That explains a lot." I mumble. Hungry and irritated as heck. I'm very hangry.

        "Let's go get you food or else you'll kill everyone." Janet suggests and I nod my head in agreement, following her to the kitchen.

        "Delilah!" Ryder exclaims in shock and relief. He's working on cooking some pancakes. Chocolate chip by the looks of it. My mouth waters as the smell of pancakes and bacon fills my nose.

        "Hurry up! I'm hungry!" I order him.

        "Yes, ma'am." He says with a small grin. I know I'm being rude but I'm hungry. The best thing is that Ryder doesn't say anything about my outburst or my rude behavior.

       "Apologize." Janet whispers in my ear.

        "No! I'm hungry!" I yell at her.

        "I know, I'm trying." Ryder says.

         "Ryder, Delilah has something she wants to say to you. Don't you Delilah?" Janet asks, giving me a very dirty look. I just give her one right back.

"Delilah, you can tell me anything. I'm sorry for being a di-dumpling earlier. I'm sorry for making it seem like that I think you're weak. I'm sorry for even making you think that I'm implying it. I love you so much. I think that you are the strongest person I've ever met. It's just...I get worried." Ryder explains, running a hand through his black hair that I've always loved.

       "Yeah, yeah. I'm HUNGRY!" I yell. Yikes, I need to pull myself together. I see the disbelief then hurt flash in Ryder's ocean blue eyes. I hurt him. He's trying to apologize and I'm not caring. All because I'm too hungry and an awful person. Ryder slowly nods his head and gets back to working on my food. I stare at him for a good five minutes and he doesn't even glance my way. That hurts. When he hands me my food it's without words and no eye contact.

"I'll be back." Ryder mumbles as he walks out of the kitchen. I'm tempted to follow him but I notice my food. So I sit down and start munching down the deliciousness that Ryder spent so much time and effort into. After a few bits, I stop and go look for Ryder.