26 Just A Taste?

*Delilah's POV*

"Angel, wake up." I hear someone say but I can't respond. I'm so close to the light. I'm ready to leave.

"Delilah! Wake up!" The voice is louder and scared. The light fades away as does the small breeze.

"Wake up!" I open my eyes and see that I'm in Ryder's room, wearing my pajamas. I feel the tears on my cheeks but no blood on my side. It was a dream. Just a dream. A nightmare.

"Angel, are you alright?" Ryder asks, concerned. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I release it and open my eyes, feeling a little more calm.

"Y-yeah. It was just a nightmare."

      "Delilah, you look like you just saw a ghost."

      "I-I'm fine."

      "Angel, tell me about the nightmare." Ryder begs and finally, I do. I tell him everything about the nightmare. He doesn't interrupt and I'm glad. He just sits and listens. When I'm done, he holds me in his arms.

      "I'm so sorry, you had to dream about that. I'll be here protecting you, don't you worry. I'm not going to do that to you. I'm not going to hurt you." Ryder repeats over and over again. "It's just a dream." "It's not real." "I'm going to protect you." "I won't do that." Over and over again, he reassures me.

      Then he starts whispering things into my ear in French, like a lullaby. It's sweet and calming. It could've been about a horror movie for all I know. All I know is that it is calming and soon I drift off to sleep.

                         ********

      I open my eyes to see the sunlight peaking through the window. I turn to see Ryder sleeping with his arms wrapped around my waist. Always protecting me. I smile at the thought of waking up like this everyday for the rest of my life. But I have school. I have things that I'm not willing to give up. My college education is one of those things.

      I sigh and get up. I move Ryder's arm off me and put a pillow in my place. I don't want him to wake up. He needs his sleep. But I know if he thinks I'm missing, he'll wake up. I tip-toe to the bathroom and softly close the door. I undress and get in the shower. I wash my body and hair with the cucumber body wash and shampoo as well as the cucumber conditioner.

       When I'm done, I turn off the shower and wrap myself in one of Ryder's white fluffy towels. I dry my dripping hair with another fluffy towel. I walk out of the bathroom, quietly and go to Rachel's room. I don't go to Janet's room because Kevin is probably in there and I'm in a towel. I knock and she doesn't answer so I walk in and see she's sleeping. I go to her closet and pick out something to wear. Weird? Well, I don't exactly have clothes. I pick out some jeans, underwear, bra, socks and a black long-sleeved shirt. I put on her black Vans too as well as her borrow her black MK purse. It's small and cute. I use her mirror to brush my hair and put it in a braid. I go back to Ryder's bathroom and brush my teeth.

       "Delilah!" Ryder yells and I jump.

       "What?" I yell back. I wipe my face with a towel as Ryder runs into the bathroom.

       "I thought something happened to you." Ryder tells me as he hugs me.

"Why?"

"Because I woke up holding a pillow! Then you weren't in my room at all! I thought that someone took you or that you left! I was scared!" Ryder admits.

"I'm fine, see?" I tell him as I bring his hand to my cheek. He nods his head and presses a kiss on my forehead.

"Are you ready to go?" Ryder asks and I nod my head.