14 Shoot Me

*Delilah's POV*

At the end of the hour and a half, I'm...perfect. I truly look perfect. I don't look broken or damaged. I look happy and filled with joy. I look at what Janet dressed me in and I wonder where Ryder is taking me for our drive. It's a pair of black jeans with a white long-sleeved shirt that feels like a sweater. You know the thing I'm talking about. Janet also gave me black and white Vans and a pair of black sunglasses. She curled my hair and did a natural look on my makeup. I may look casual but I still look flawless. Janet gave me silver necklace that says, "I'll always carry you with me", a silver bracelet with a heart charm hanging from it and a silver infinity ring.

She hands me a black leather purse and tells me to get going. I have no idea what's in the purse but I walk out of her room. She leads me to Ryder's personal garage and I see him leaning against his black Mercedes. I'm pretty sure that's the one we took last time. But I don't look at the car, as much as I love Mercedes, I look at Ryder. His black hair is more tamed than usual but still free. He's wearing black jeans and a white button down long-sleeved dress shirt. I notice that he's wearing black and white Vans too. I also notice that he has black sunglasses in one of his hands. Why is he so gorgeous?

"Ready?" Ryder asks, eyeing me up and down and I shift uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Yes, she is. Have fun! Don't forget, fools forget to cover their tool!" Janet yells at us before she walks away and I stiff up. I'm not the only one who stiffs at her words, I notice Ryder freeze next to me.

"Let's get going." Ryder says as he gets into the car and I get in after him.

"Before it starts getting awkward, I'm going to apologize." I say as he pulls out of the garage and onto the driveway.

"About what?" Ryder asks and he starts speed down the road. I sigh and take a deep breath.

"I don't think you're a monster." I whisper and I see him freeze at my words. He looks like a deer caught in headlights.

"What did you just say? Say it louder." Ryder says, it isn't rude or demanding, it's more like "I want to hear what said".

"I-I said that I-I don't think that y-you are a...monster." I say louder and Ryder pulls over.

"Why?" Ryder asks.

"Why what?"

"Why don't you think I'm a monster?" He turns to look at me and I look at him.

"Because when I look into those ocean blue eyes, all I see is a human. I see a human that people don't always understand. People hate what they don't understand. They call them freaks and monsters. I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't of let my anger go that far and I shouldn't of even thought about saying something so hurtful like that. So I'm apologizing to you. I know what hurtful words can do to people and I shouldn't of done something so cruel to you. I'm so sorry."

"This is going to be difficult." Ryder mumbles under his breath.

"Delilah, I accept your apology." Ryder says after a few seconds and he starts driving again. It's quiet and it's not awkward but it's not comfortable either. Ryder focuses on driving and I look out the window. Neither one of us turns on the radio. After about two hours, we pull up to a five star restaurant. It's an Italian place, by the looks of it. It's right on the water and Ryder puts on his sunglasses, I do the same. We walk to the restaurant and Ryder starts talking to the waiter in Italian. I don't pay attention to the conversation because I don't understand it.

       "We are over here, darling." Ryder says as he drags me behind the waiter, who keep sneaking glances at me. Ryder keeps glaring at him but it doesn't make a difference.