15 The Gang Has Rules

•Ryder's POV•

I automatically get up and wrap my arms around Delilah's waist. I pull her towards me so she doesn't go over the cliff. Why would she jump like that?! I look down and see the rocks. She almost died. I hold her close then after a few seconds I let her go. She opens her eyes and looks at me.

      "Why would you do that?!" She asks, mad. Although when she's mad, she looks adorable. Her beautiful eyes shoot daggers at me but I still think that she's adorable.

      "If you die, I'll have no way to find Daisy or Devan." I tell her. It's not a lie but it's not the whole truth.

      "Sure. Just a few minutes ago, you called me useless!" Delilah yells at me. Yes, I did but if I told her that she's the most valuable thing in the world, she'll know that I care about her. I can't have that. I have to help her win the bet. If I don't, Jackson gets her and I won't know how she truly feels about me.

      "I said that because you said that you have nothing else that can help us, unless you do?" I ask her and I see her panic.

      "I-I do." She stutters. I know she's lying. I know that she's only saying that so she's not "useless" or to stay here instead of her sister or both.

      "Well-" I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. I look at who's calling me then answer it.

      "What? Did you find anything?" I ask Jackson.

      "Yeah, Delilah lives here too and there's a note on the kitchen counter that you should probably see. Not to mention Daisy has a boyfriend, who is actually Kevin's step-brother. Then we found a map under Daisy's mattress. You should probably take a look at that too. It's definitely suspicious." Jackson answers.

       "Bring the note and the map back. Anything else?" I ask him.

      "Uh...yeah, actually. I found this key in Daisy's dresser drawer and Janet figured out that it went to a door that's in her closet. Well, we opened it and there's a whole weapon room and what not in there. I'll have Janet send you the pictures. Something is definitely going on here." Jackson says and I'm even more confused. Why would Daisy hold all of this stuff?

      "Okay." I hang up on him and look at Delilah, who's looking at the sky from the edge of the cliff. She looks like a fucking angel sitting there.

When I saw what Janet did to her, I knew that today was going to be even more difficult not to complement her. She looked perfect. She did to begin with but Janet made the features I love about her more noticeable. Like her eyes. Her eyes are my favorite and I'm sure Janet knew that. Her clothes made her body type more noticeable. But the hardest part was when she fell on me. All I wanted to do was lean in and claim her lips. I wanted our mouths to move in sync as her fingers got tangled in my hair and-STOP.

"We're leaving." I tell her, it's rude but I can't afford to be nice to her. Even though it kills me to.

"Okay." Delilah whispers as she gets up and starts walking. I follow her back to the car. Why? I'm not sure. I just do. Maybe because I want a nice view of that ass of hers.

"D-Did they find her?" Delilah asks me, looking forward.

"No. But they found a few things that you can help us with." I answer her.

The rest of the walk is quiet, which drives me crazy. I want to hear her talk. Hear her laugh. I want to know what makes her happy. I want to know everything about her. When we get to the car, we get in and I start driving. I can't take the silence anymore.