25 I'm Not Going To Hurt You

*Delilah's POV*

Rachel finally goes to her room and cries. I tried to follow her but she told me that she needed to be alone. So here I am, watching "Hercules" with Devan and Cole. Janet and Kevin decides that they needed to have a "chat". I am one-hundred percent sure that they are doing the dirty. But oh well. I sit and wait for Ryder to get back. Each minute, making me more and more anxious. I'm scared that he killed Eddie. I'm scared that Eddie killed him.

"'If there's a prize for rotten judgement, I guess I already won that. No man is worth the aggravation. That's ancient history, been there, done that.'" I sing along. I absolutely love this song. But it's still not enough to settle the panicking feeling in my chest.

I hear the door slam shut and I jump. I hid behind the couch, like a child. My palms start to sweat and my heart starts to race. I don't look to see who it is, I'm scared I'll get caught. So I just sit and wait for them to leave. The footsteps get softer and when I can't hear them anymore, I slowly move from my hiding spot.

      "You are that scared of Ryder?" Cole asks and my eyes widen. I didn't know it was Ryder. He didn't even look for me. He didn't even notice that I wasn't on the couch. Did he care?

      "I thought it was a murder or something." I admit as I sit back down and put a blanket over me. I start getting tired so I move around a little to get comfy and I close my eyes.

       "Hey angel. I'm back." I hear Ryder say as his lips lightly brush against my ear. I shiver and even though I can't see him, I know he's smirking.

      "Hey." I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

       "Let's go to bed." Ryder suggests and he picks me up in his arms.

      "Did you kill him?" I ask him as he sets me on his bed.

      "I don't know." Ryder admits with a sigh.

      "What do you mean you don't know?"

      "I don't know if he's alive. All I know is that he was unconscious when I left him."

      "You left him somewhere?!"

      "I told his girlfriend where he was. Not Rachel, obviously, but the girl he cheated on Rachel with."

      "I hope you didn't kill him." I whisper, looking at the ceiling.

       "I know." Ryder says and he wraps his arms around me but I flinch. Maybe because he might've killed someone. But he already has. What difference does it make? He's killed people already. Why is this any different? Maybe because I know Eddie. Or knew him. Depends.

      "Angel, I'm not going to hurt you." Ryder whispers to me, I can hear the hurt in his voice. I don't say anything. I know he waits for me to say that I know he won't hurt me but I can't because I don't know that. I can't lie to him.

"Delilah?" Ryder asks, worry clear in his voice.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I promise you, I'll never hurt you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. You can break that so easily. Then where would we be? You mad because I'm heartbroken because I was foolish enough to believe you. I can't do that to myself. First Jackson breaking everything that I am and now Eddie breaking everything Rachel is. How can I be sure that you aren't like them? That you will be different? Just because I love you, doesn't mean I want to." I admit.

"Angel, I love you. I always have and always will. I'm never going to hurt you, never going to break you. I'm here to build you up, help you stand and fly. I'll never be the reason that you fall, instead I'll always be the reason you are caught." Ryder traces my jaw with his thumb and I see the pain and how scared he actually is.