A Father's Child pt.2

Dinah's POV

Oh god oh god oh god

What am I gonna do?

Why is Lauren here? What the hell happened to her?!

Oh god what am I gonna do...

I paced around my office room for what seemed like forever. Thinking and thinking of scenarios of why Lauren was here and what am I going to tell Camila.

I shouldn't tell her, but that's Camila's girlfriend and she's matured so much that I trust her to comprehend big things. But I fear greatly of how she'll react to this.

"Dj?", I heard my girlfriend call.

I quickly turned towards her and ahead rushed to me.

"Baby what's wrong?", she asked then she looked down at my hands. "Oh my god! Why are you pulling out your hair?! You're gonna lose your hair faster than you need to."

I looked down at my hands and see large chunks of my hair tangled up. I release a deep, shaky sigh and slump down into my office chair. Rubbing my temples to sooth the stressful headache.

"Dinah what's going on?", Normani asked again.

"Lauren is in here.", I whisper.

I look at Normani and see her eyes widened.

"You're kidding right?", Normani scoffed.

I shake my head "No Mani... she's in here and in one of the confined rooms. Oh god Normani you should see her. She... I don't know. She's changed."

"Changed? How so?", Normani questioned.

"Everything about her. She's seems so aggressive and so dull. It's like she's the same person anymore.", I said.

"What room? I want to see for myself.", Normani asked.

"Room B238 and I'm going with you. The sight you'll see won't be pretty.", I said as I walked to her.

"Fine let's go then.", Normani said as she grabbed my hands.

We walked through the halls looking for the room Lauren was in. I was starting to feel a sick feeling in my stomach as we walked our way. Just thinking back to the look Lauren has now intimidates me. What am I going to do?

We arrived to the door of Lauren's room. I looked over at Normani and saw worry in her eyes. I squeezed her hand reassuringly letting her know that I'm here for her. She took and deep breath, gently letting go of my hand, and peers through the window.

Normani's POV

The sight I saw is something I wish I would've never wanted to witness. Lauren was just sitting there. Holding her body all curled up like a ball. Just staring aimlessly at me. Her eyes no longer shined the beauty of green, just plain grey. Her body was covered in new, but healing, cuts. She had bags under her eyes and she looks like she hasn't slept in a long while.

"D-Dinah.", I called for my girlfriend.

"I'm right here Mani.", I heard her voice creep closer as I felt her hand squeeze my shoulder.

"What's wrong with her?.... ", I asked.

"I'm really not sure. I don't even know who brought her here. But look at her Mani. She looks like a fucking monster!", Dinah growled.

I hit her arm "What the hell is wrong with you?! That's Lauren in there! You can't just say she's a monster!", I whisper-yelled.

"Oh hell no! You think that girl in there is Lauren? May I remind you that Lauren is a sweet girl with nice green eyes and clear skin. That monstrosity in there is a dull good for nothing being.", Dinah scoffed.

"Dinah will you stop!", I growled.

"No I won't! Look in there again Mani and tell me what you see. Is that really Lauren in there? Go ahead look. ", Dinah glared challenging and crossed her arms.

I glared at her and looked back in the mirror. I scanned everything. The room had scratch marks all over the place, things were wrecked, it looked completely destroyed. Then I looked at Lauren again. She seemed a lot more skinnier and guarded. She lifted her head and in her eyes was nothing but aggression. She tried to get up but stumbled and fell back. I placed my hand on the glass and sighed.

"Well?", Dinah broke the silence.

"You're right... that's not Lauren.", I said with a shaky breath.

"I told you, but now that I think about it she looks awfully familiar.", Dinah said.

I looked her confused.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"I mean if you think about it and take a closer look. She looks like Mike. Expect she's a lot less masculine, not perverting, and she prefers destroying then yelling.", Dinah pointed out.

"No... Lauren can't be... ", I lost my words.

"She's Mike's child. She's the daughter of a psychopath. Looks like she was born with the bad blood.", Dinah sighed.

I refuse to believe this was a reality. How could things come up to this? Lauren is such a sweet girl. There's no way is damn hell that Lauren can be anything like the sick man that she's forced to know as a father. There has to be an explanation for all of this. No one just... becomes like this.

No one just randomly shows up in a mental institution. There's always a reason. What was Lauren's.

"No. Lauren isn't anything like Mike Dinah you know that.", I said as I studied Lauren's every move.

"No Mani I don't. Look I know she's a nice girl and all but just think about her past. She's been abused, sexually assaulted, her siblings are in the system, and her dad is in here along with her! It's no wonder she snapped and lost her shit.", Dinah scowled.

"But Camila was the one light that over shone the darkness that has corrupted Lauren. I've seen the attitude change, the brightness in Lauren's eyes, the genuine smile on her face. Camila kept Lauren sane. Would've that been enough to prevent this?", I looked at Dinah and saw guilt in her. "Dinah?"

"Camila hasn't seen Lauren since she was raped. I didn't let her.", Dinah rubbed her neck.

"You what?! Why would you do that?!", I exclaimed.

"I was trying to protect Camila! What of Ty came back and decided to do the same to Camila! I could never live with myself if that happened to her!", Dinah yelled.

"But I know you knew Camila wanted to be there for Lauren! Rape is something to not just fucking let go of! Someone touching you in ways you're not comfortable with can't be a topic you deal with for a couple of hours then just leave! Don't you understand that?!", I shouted.

"I'm aware of how serious rape is Normani! I'm more than aware of that!", Dinah huffed.

I sighed and slid my back down the wall next to the door. I ran a hand through my hair and took in a deep breath closing my eyes.

"She got pregnant.", Dinah spoke up softly.

My eyes widened and I looked at her. Tears forming in my eyes.

"Y-you mean... she's carrying a child while she's in here?!", I said shakily.

It must have dawned to Dinah on what she cause she immediately rushed to the window to look at Lauren.

"Holy shit... Lauren is carrying a fetus in here. Oh shit oh shit oh shit.", Dinah panicked.

"Oh god... does Camila know?!", I asked.

"I'm not sure I think Camila only knows that Lauren was raped, but I don't know about getting pregnant. I think I was the only one Lauren told.", Dinah sighed.

"Oh my god Dinah... what are we going to do? How are we gonna deal with Lauren and the baby? What are we gonna tell Camila?!", I said.

"I don't know baby... I just don't know"

_______

I'm on thanksgiving break so expect a lot of updates!