Love Scars

Lauren's POV
*Thursday*

"Wait what?", I said in shock.

"You heard me right Lauren.", Dinah said over the phone.

"Are you sure? I mean what about the trust issues?", I asked.

"She trusts you Lauren and she doesn't want you to be lonely in a place like this.", Dinah reassured me.

"What about you? Are you fine with this?", I questioned.

"Sure I'm fine with it. It's better than the room you stayed in last time anyway.", Dinah said.

She's got a point. Not that I mind small rooms, but the strong smell of medicine and the constant groans and complaints of the patients is not a very settling sound.

"Well as long as you're fine with it, but I promise to leave if she becomes uncomfortable.", I reassured.

"You better. Anyhow, when are you supposed to get here?", Dinah asked.

"Normani said somewhere around 7. She wants to speak with me before she heads out the night.", I informed.

"Cool well I'll be here then as well. Normani and I are gonna get dinner together.", the Polynesian informed.

"Are you and Normani a thing?", I asked curiously.

"What? Of course not! She's my best friend.", Dinah said hastily.

"Woah woah. Chill DJ, I was just messing with ya.", I defended.

"Yeah sure.", She grumbled.

I chuckled. I know something's gotta be up. I mean she did defend pretty quickly. I heard some knocking on the door.

"Someone's knocking on my door Dinah. I'll see you later.", I said.

"Alright see ya later lauser.", Dinah said.

"Bye Denah.", I chimed in.

"Oh hell no did you ju-", I hung up before she could finish.

The knocking continued and I ran to go answer it. I swung the door opened and was greeted by a blue haired girl.

"Hey you.", Ashley winked.

"Hey! What are you doing here?", I asked excitedly as I hugged my bestie.

"That I'd drop by before I head to rehearsal.", Ashley said.

"You have a show today?", I asked.

"Nah, it's tomorrow but my manager wants me to really show off here in Miami.", Ashley chuckled.

"Why here?", I snickered.

"Cause he says that there some real cute Cuban boys comin to the show and he wants me to look presentable.", Ashley groaned.

"Don't tell me you're gonna do that PR bullshit.", I complained.

"Pfft hell no! Besides, I have my eye on a hella cute Cuban anyways.", Ashley winked at me.

"You're such a dork.", I laughed.

"Eh I try to be", she smirked.

"Aren't you seeing your girl today?", Ashley asked.

"My girl?", I asked.

"Yeah you know. That Camila chick you've been gushing over. Aren't you seeing her today?", Ashley questioned.

"First of all, she's not my girl. Second, yes I'm gonna see her today.", I beamed.

"Oh c'mon Laur. Don't deny that you want her to be yours.", Ashley winked.