A Father's Child pt.1

Lauren's POV
*3 days after the abortion*

You're ok
You're ok
You're just fine

I tried to reassure myself that I was ok, but I no longer felt anything. It was too quiet. I felt so alone. There was nothing left for me. The world just forgot about me.

Silence is all that crept around me. Hell I would do anything just hear the thundering roar of my father shouting at me, lashing me with his whip, or to try to make me sleep with him. At this point.... I needed something.

Camila has came to see me. It's been a little over a month since I told her about... my baby.

Oh how each day I'm slowly dying because of what I have done. I killed my child. My hopeless baby. I did this and each day I regret it, but then thankful I did do it. Yet the guilt hurt more.

Camila has never once stopped by and honestly I'm worried. What if she's tired of me? What if she wanted this to end? What if she didn't want to be my girlfriend anymore? What if she didn't love me no more?

The questions and scenarios made me start to lose my mind. I was losing myself in an endless fight. A fight against myself. I couldn't live like this anymore. The madness just grew inside me. It was taking over everything. I needed it all to stop.

I wanted pain.
I wanted sound.
I wanted my child back.
I wanted my brother and sister back.
I want to feel loved.
I want to feel wanted
I want to feel needed
I want to feel like I actually mattered.

I wanted something

Anything! Except misery

I screamed as loud as I could started to wreck more things. I smashed more holes in the walls of the house. I broke left over beer bottles from the times that I've drank. I started to add new cuts in my flesh. Nothing helped.

I still felt the misery brewing in my veins. I had to escape. I had to do something. The quiet was much more violent.

I walked over to the end of a hallway and looked straight ahead at a wall. I arched my back forward and started running as fast as my weak legs could carry. I rammed myself into the wall. My head colliding hard against the stone. I grew dizzy. Then blacked out.

_____

I flickered my eyes open slowly as my vision tried to get used to the light in the room. The room was cold and empty. I fully woke myself up and stood up in fright. I looked around and observed my unfamiliar surroundings. My breathing picked up. The room was all white and it was very small. The walls were cushioned with white pillow-like walls. Nothing else.

It was all too overwhelming and I started to scream and bang on the metal door. The overwhelming feeling soon turned violent and I soon shouting. I clawed and kicked at the door angrily. I felt every single one of my veins pop out. The madness was only growing.

Someone help me.

Dinah's POV

I left Camila's room once I saw her finally settle down. The announcement of my cancer was hard for her. The argument we had was replaced with apologies and tears. Camila cried herself tired and she passed out.

I sighed and regained myself so I could continue the rest of the day until I had to go to the hospital to get checked on.

I was suffering form leukemia. How I got it? No idea. Then again... who really knows how you get cancer? It just happens.

I try not to show the distraught I feel inside since in a place where I work I was to always carry around a dominate figure. If one of these patients saw my guard down they would take advantage of it and I wasn't planning on letting them. I checked my list and apparently there was room number added to my list. A new patient huh? Strange. Wasn't expecting it at all.

I decided to go check on that room first before I continue to the other rooms. I was almost there until I felt and hand grab my wrist, pulling me, and I felt lips latch onto mine. I smiled and fell into the kiss before pulling away seeing my smiling girlfriend.

"Hey you. How are you?", Normani asked.

"I'm freaking exhausted and I just don't feel good.", I confessed.

"Maybe you should take a break. Your doctor did say to take it easy.", Normani reminded.

I sighed "I know, but it's a really busy day today. Camila found out."

"What? How?", Normani eyes widen.

"She ran her hand through my hair and I didn't think about it till I saw chunks of my hair tangled in her fingers.", I looked down.

"How did she take it?", Normani asked and she connected her forehead with mine.

"She cried for a long time until she lost her energy and fell asleep.", I responded.

"I would figure. You're basically her mom babe.", Normani said.

"I know. I just... can't believe it.", I sighed.

"Hey look at me.", Normani ordered.

I looked up at her sadly and she pecked my lips.

"You're strong Dinah. You can fight this. I know you can I will be there for you every step of the way. You will live.", Normani reassured me, but I could hear the little cracks on my voice.

"I'm going to try.", I whispered.

____

After me and Normani's moment. I decided to head back my way to the new patients room. To my surprise it was one of the quarantine rooms. I didn't think much of it until I peered through the window to see the patient.

My eyes widened when I saw a familiar raven hair green eyed girl in the small corner of the room, rocking back and forth with her head tucked to her knees and her pale white hands clutching to her legs. I made a move to unlock the door so I could step inside, but as I soon I touched the handle I saw Lauren's head perk up and her eyes went from lost to pure anger and ran up to the door and started banging on it furiously.

I stumbled back and just saw Lauren shouting and screaming. Beating the door. Her eyes were a dark shade of grey instead of her green ones.

What the hell?

Lauren eventually calmed down and she was breathing heavily, but remained to peer at me at through the window. I stepped closer and studied her. Her skin held newly formed cuts. Her veins were popped out boldly and I could swear I see the blood pumping through them. But her eyes...

Her eyes were different. Much different.

They didn't have the same, sweet, caring look to them anymore. They looked angry, violent, but yet... heartbroken.

I couldn't help, but feel like I somewhat apart of this.

Lauren just stared at me blankly until she flipped her hair and went back to sit in her corner.

All alone.