Back Home

Lauren's POV

*few days later*

"Lauren?", my sister called quietly.

I looked up from the article I was reading on my phone and turn my attention towards the smaller girl.

"When can I go home? I'm tired of just lying here.", Taylor asked.

"The doctors have to come back with your final test results, then they'll get the papers to discharge you.", I informed her.

"Are we visiting dad today?", she asked hesitantly.

"Yes", I said "but not till later. We're gonna get you home and you're gonna rest for awhile, then we'll leave to go see him.", I told her.

I wasn't so thrilled to go to that damn institution to see Mike. The doctors want me to get filled in on his condition, but I honestly don't care about what's happening to him. Not after what he's done. However, since it is mental health is practically a "rule" for someone to get informed on someone else's conditions. I personally think it's stupid, but what can I do?

"Where's Chris?", Taylor asked, not seeing her brother in the room.

"Restroom", I simply said.

"Who was that girl you were talking to earlier?", she asked curiously.

I feel my face get a little flustered by the thought of her. I immediately pictured the smaller girl. Wavy hair that's sorta like mine, the way she bites her lip, the nice blue hoodie and white pants she wore, her beautiful chocolate eyes, and her small giggle.
I smiled a bit to myself and looked back up at Taylor.

"I'm not sure who she was, but she needed some directions to a room.", I explained to her.

"Oh. I could barely see her, but from what I saw she's really pretty and seemed nice.", Taylor commented.

She really was.

"Yeah she's ok.", I shrugged.

A few knocks on the door were heard and I got up to go see who was at the door. I opened the door and was greeted by Taylor's doctor, Chris besides him, and the doctor's assistant. I let them in.

"Spears proceed with her follow up while I talk to Miss. Jauregui here.", the doctor gave orders to his assistant and she immediately went to work.

"A word with you outside please?", the doctor requested.

I put my things down on the chair I was sitting on and followed him out the door. I looked at him expectantly. He gave me a warm smile and looked over his sheet one more time.

"She's recovered phenomenally everything looks great. Her blood work came back good, her IV did it's job, her heart rate has gone to its normal beating, I believe she's ready to go home.", Dr. Cowell explained happily.

I sighed in relief and placed my hands over my heart. Feeling it beat rapidly.

"That's amazing news to here. Thank you so much for taking care of her.", I smiled brightly.

"No need to thank me, I'm glad I could help. Her results honestly surprised me. It's her first seizure correct?", he asked.

"Yes sir.", I clarified.

"Well most people are not very lucky to get results like these after a seizure. Looks like your sister is quite special.", he joked half heartily.

I laughed a little and nodded in agreement.

"Well I do have the discharge papers with me so let's head back in the room to fill it out.", he gestured to the door.

I nodded, heading back into the room.