Run

Dinah's POV

It's been a good hour since Camila stepped into the room with Lauren. I kinda grew nervous, but I wanted to give them as much privacy as possible so hopefully things could work out. I distracted myself with paperwork, patients, Normani, and even games on my phone.

Ugh I can't take this anymore!

I slowly marched my way to the room. I opened the door slowly, peeked my head through, and saw Lauren wrapped up in Camila's arms placing little pecks on her lips and cheeks.

There she is.

I admired the moment for awhile. I could feel the tension that was once here subside completely. Lauren's natural green eyed color was starting to fill her eyes again. Camila finally once again had a pure smile in her face. God what was I thinking trying to tear these two apart?

You know why...

I cleared my throat and both Camila and Lauren looked up. I saw Lauren's face fall and she quickly got out of Camila's hold and crawled to her corner in fear. Camila rushed to side; kissing her temples as some reassurance. I didn't want have her fear me, but I guess I brought that upon myself.

"Um... hi Lauren.", I greeted softly to the girl.

Lauren didn't say anything she just hid behind her arms that were still locked in chains.

"Here let me get those off you.", I said.

I grabbed my key from the pocket of my uniform. Taking the key I placed it in the lock, twisted it, and the chains loosened up letting Lauren free. Camila gently grabbed Lauren's wrist and moved them down. Lauren looked at Camila, then at her wrist, and then at me. I smiled slightly at her.

"Hey Lauser.", I greeted again.

She didn't say anything to me. Just stared blankly at me.

I sighed "Look I'm sorry about everything. I just... I don't know where my head was at and instead of helping you I made you fear me. I treated you awful and that's something I'll forever hate myself for. If you wanna stay mad me at go ahead I won't try to convince you otherwise."

Tears fell down from Lauren's cheeks and my heart just broke. What have I done to this child? She's only 17 dammit!

"Dinah... can Lauren stay in my room? It's not she has anywhere to be anymore.", Camila asked.

"Of course she can.", I nodded.

Camila smiled and thanked me. She helped Lauren to her feet. Lauren stumbled a bit, but clung herself on Camila so they could walk together. I watched them in awe. It's like they switched roles or something.

Camila's POV

I lead Lauren gently to my room. I had to hold her tight each time a nurse or doctor passed by since everytime she saw one she flinched. She was so scared. I opened the door to my room and let her go inside. Lauren looked around the room in what I guess she was trying to remember. Her eyes sparked more color as she smiled softly.

"You're safe her Lo.", I said softly.

"Dinah doesn't like me anymore... does she?", Lauren asked.

"Dinah has made terrible mistakes and assumptions about you babe. She's the last person I want you to worry about.", I said as kissed Lauren's cheek.

"Camz?", Lauren called.

"Yes?", I said as I placed small kisses on her neck.

"Am I a m-monster?", Lauren whispered.

I lifted my head looked her in the eyes. The green color fighting to see of should come back or not. I shook my head and kissed her lips.

"You're not a monster Lolo. Why would you think that?", I asked as I held her hands.

"Everyone saw me as a monster. That I was nothing, but I copy of my dad.", Lauren said sadly as tears slipped out.

"Baby you are anything, but a monster. You are beautiful, intelligent, caring, empowering, and loving. No monster could ever have those traits. They just don't know the real you.", I said.

"Well who knows the real me?", Lauren asked curiously.

"Well your friend knows the real you, you're siblings know the real you, I know the real you.", I said as I rubbed her cheek.

"My siblings hate me...", Lauren said sadly.

"No they don't Lo. They're just scared that all. I know you said Chris hates you, but I have a feeling he didn't mean it.", I reassured her. "Did that somehow sparked all this?"

"It was just the beginning of it. Everything else fell into place. Me almost killing myself, me getting drunk and hurting you, then me getting raped, and-", Lauren paused as she broke down into tears.

I held you close and lead her to the bed. Sitting ourselves down I wiped away her tears. I knew something was hurting her more. What could it possibly be though? How can anything hurt worse than what she's been through?

"Baby... try to finish what you were saying. I wanna know what's happened to you.", I cooed.

"I got pregnant...", Lauren muttered through sobs.

What?! Pregnant?! That sinful man got MY girlfriend pregnant?! Oh hell no now I'm really gonna fucking murder him.

"So you mean... you have a baby in your Lo?", I asked as calmly as possible.

Lauren sighed and shook her head. My heart dropped. What did she mean by that?

"I aborted the baby. I knew I couldn't care for it and I didn't want the baby to be a reminder of what happened nor did I want the baby to know it's father raped me just to exist. As much as it fucking hurts and as much as I regretted it. I know it was probably for the best.", Lauren said as she calmed herself down.

Oh my god. I can't believe this.... if only I was there for her. If only I wasn't trapped here. I couldn't been with her.

"That's when some people brought me here and so on so forth.", Lauren concluded.

"Do you remember the people?", I asked.

Lauren shook her head "No, but I remember them saying that it was there turn to take care of what's yours."

I tilted my head in utter confusion. I mean that's pretty creepy, but I'm grateful they brought her here. Now she's in my arms.

"Camila?", Lauren spoke up.

"Yes?", I answered.

Lauren's POV

"Run away with me."

________

Ooooooh snap!

This book is coming to an end y'all!

You ready?