"I can't help it if Freya wants nothing to do with you," I corrected with a growl.

"Keep your voice down. Remember your in our territory and I could have a thousand men detain you in mere seconds," he goaded proudly.

"What do you want in exchange for the cup?" I demanded.

"Well, I'd never give it to you," Roman clarified.

"Borrow!" I exploded. Zeus and Hera be blessed, talking to Roman is literally like trying to have a conversation with a lawyer who was trying to catch you off guard at every turn.

"Better, the only thing you have that I want is her," Roman said popping off the lamp post. He slowly approached me like a predator taking in the scent of his prey. A long time ago that would have intimidated me, but not anymore, not now.

"Freya is not for sale," I said feeling a rage build inside me.

"Why is that? What does an untrained demigod mean to you? Damon, I know you. Nothing comes before The Brotherhood, yet here you are talking to me in the dead of night, trying to make a deal. What makes her so important you're willing to give up a place in Elysium for her? My brother isn't one to be fooled by a pretty face, and you're not stupid enough to believe she can actually save us from this threat that's coming. So, what is it?"

Fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in the pit of my gut. My fists were clenched with pure rage. I wanted to scream, 'Because she's mine! My beloved'.

For the first time in my life, I have someone who could just care about me. Not my abilities or my skills, but me as a person. I don't remember the last time I've had someone like that in my life. Everything I have is because The Brotherhood has given it to me, right down to my very purpose for being alive. But Freya is different. No one gave her to me. And if I wanted to be a part of her life to see where we could go, I needed to rise to the occasion and worthy to stand by her side. I have to be more than just another soldier.

After I had my little epiphany Roman spoke up again, "Puppy love," he said with a grin and a sharp laugh. "What makes you think you're worth of having the last demigod?"

"I'm not. I know that, but I also know neither are you. I only came for your cup so I can wake up Freya," I responded.

"We'll see about that. If you let me bring her to The Ministry. They would be more than happy to wake her up." Before I could even open my mouth Roman held his hand up, "The Order will take credit for this save."

"You mean yourself," I mumbled but I knew Roman heard me.

"Does it matter how you justify it?" In the end no.

I nodded no, "Once she wakes up it's not like you can force her to stay with you."

"We'll see. I'm also going to need one other thing." Of course he is.

"Name your price." It's not like I wasn't expecting this.

"Your ring," he said throwing me off.

"Why? You have one already."

"And once I have yours, I'll have all of them. If you want my help that is my price," Roman said nonchalantly with this hand outstretched.

"I don't have it on me." I wasn't a power-hungry psychopath that needed it to assert myself.

"Summon it," he said impatiently.

"How?" Confusion laced my voice.

"With your index finger trace the symbol of Hades into your palm." Not believing he knew every trick about the ring, I did as he said. Sure enough, it appeared in my palm. I tossed the ring over to Roman.