Chapter 18

I've never experienced silent crying. I never understood how someone can cry and not let out any sound. It never occurred to me that sometimes, a person can be sobbing but their body won't be shaking or letting out cries, only tears streaming down their face. But now I understood. Now I know how that is possible. Your body looses all its energy, your whole being leaves you and you're sobbing with just your tears as evidence. And as I lay here, with Kevin on top of me, I sobbed but with no more cries, my body still.

     He kept going, and going, and going. Until finally he grunted out loudly, huffed, and slumped against me. I looked around me trying to find something that can help me hurt him. But I didn't find anything. My hand tried reaching for my phone, but I couldn't do it with his body against my own. My hand then trailed to under the table, but there wasn't anything there. Then to under the couch and....it grabbed onto something. A bottle. With Kevin's face huffing against my shoulder, I slowly retrieved the heavy, glass bottle and slowly brought it over his head. With all the power I can muster, I flung it down over his head and he trudged over, his hands cupping his head where blood was oozing. I didn't know where I was getting this new found energy from, but I quickly stood up. My cries were now more audible as energy was back into my body, pushing me to react quick. With out hesitation, I pulled up my underwear with disgust and looked down at the groaning Kevin. I looked with horror as I saw his pants low around his knees and his boxers right by his thighs. Bile rose in my throat and I placed a hand over my mouth as I ran out of there. I got to the door, my eyes pooling with more tears as I tried to fumble with the handle. My ears picked up on movement in the living room. Kevin was buckling up as I heard him swear.

"Get back here," he yelled.

I sobbed harder, my hand still on my mouth as I quickly flung the door open. Just in time as Kevin appeared exiting the living room. I didn't stop. I ran. My legs moved with instant speed but in pain. I felt the ache in my lower region and I hated the reason that popped into my head. I didn't know where I was heading to, but I just ran.

Kevin was close. I could hear his trudging footsteps and his curses. I could feel my body giving out on me as I slowed down from my sprinting. I didn't know where I was. The streets were dark and there was no one around. My chest hurt, my body hurt, and the disgust in me was causing me to cry even more which caused my vision to blur. But I kept going. I got to a street which led to two alleys. I stopped not knowing where to head off to. That was my first mistake, because Kevin caught my hand and started pulling me.

"You slut," he spat, trying to pull me with him.

"No, no," I yelled, and I pushed him away.

 I didn't look back as I ran into one of the alleys, but I knew he didn't fall as I heard his footsteps behind me. 

My body weakened and I wasn't as fast anymore. I could hear Kevin's footsteps closer to me than before. I tried to move faster but I couldn't and then almost s if I knew, he had grabbed me and flung me around.

"You're not going anywhere," he shook me with force.

"Let me go, please Kevin just let me go," I sobbed.

"Shut up, shut up," he yelled.

I noticed how his head was covered in blood and how he kept blinking and wheezing whenever he yelled and spoke.

"Let's go," he started pulling me.

"No, please, no," I cried as I resented the images of earlier entering my mind.

His hand flung up in the air and he slapped me.

"Please stop," I begged, tired from all the pain.