Chapter 15

Hey, here's the new chapter, tell me what you think...Thanks :) Enjoy!                                           

                                                       ********************************************

Anyone home? 

Reading the text, I quickly replied back: All alone! 

Smiling, I placed my mobile phone back on my bed and headed to my desk to check any emails on my laptop. It was only around six in the afternoon so I had nothing to do as I didn't have any shifts at either the cafe or diner. So I wallowed in my room, trying to amuse myself with some music, books, or some TV show.

     It wasn't long before I heard a creaking sound. Looking around my room, my eyes widened as they settled on my barely open window. Ashton's head was popping in as he tried to climb in without toppling in like a fool. Springing up from my seat, I watched dazzled. He's been doing this for the past week. Ever since the Kevin incident at the diner, Ashton's been sneaking in more than usual. There are a few nights where he'd lay with me to make sure I went to sleep without any problems. It always warmed my heart and tightened my stomach into knots, the giddy ones. It always scared me when I'd hear the window creaking open. It was more like surprising, the type that makes you jolt in your place. Just like I did now. I stood in front of the window, giving Ashton enough space to come in. He did it so swiftly, I didn't understand how that was possible. Once he was standing in front of me, I gave him my amused expression.

"You could've knocked on the front door. I did text you that no one's home," I chuckled. 

"I know, but this is more fun," Ashton smirked.

His smirk didn't fall off his face. It was creeping me out.

"What?" I mumbled.

His eyes were bright, his neck slightly reddening in color. His eyes looked me over and that's when I looked down and noticed what has gotten him tongue tied. I was in my short-shorts (like really short) and a tank top. Now I felt uncomfortable, like really insecure! I knew I was blushing.

"Oh my god," I muttered, covering my face with my hands.

I heard Ashton laugh and then I felt his hands on my arms, soothing me like always.

"C'mon, don't be shy. I promise I was just staring because it's the first time I see you like this," he tried to pry my hands off. He was successful. "I have a beautiful, sexy girlfriend," he whispered, his eyes boring into mine.

"Shut up," I slapped his chest playfully.

I could see the teasing smile etching onto his face. But just as fast as it appeared, it quickly disappeared to replace a serious frown.

"You don't dress up like this when they're here do you?" He asked.

His tone and the way his eyes were set sent me completely off guard. It was the first time I'd seen him react like this all on his own.

"Of course not," I rushed to answer him. "I'm wearing this the whole day," I explained, grabbing the track pants and the hoodie.

Just as I showed him the clothes, his whole demeanour changed and a soft smile was back on his face.

"You still have that?" He caught the hoodie in his hand.

It was then that I realized it was the hoodie he let me borrow that night we first kissed at the party. My cheeks instantly went warm and I knew they were becoming red.