Chapter 7

My foot wouldn't stop tapping on the damn, rickety hard wood of the front porch. Ashton was on his way to come pick me up for our second tutoring session. My mom was sober inside the house so I decided to wait outside just in case she opens her mouth and speaks trash in front of Ashton. As I waited and thought about how it would turn out (the tutoring that is), I found myself smiling as I recounted yesterday's event (the last part that is). When Ashton and I arrived at the ice cream shop we asked for our delicious ice cream – he asked for chocolate chip while I asked for pralines and cream – and we headed out to find a spot to sit. We decided in the end on hanging around at the ice cream shop as the smell was so sweet. The place was cool and there weren't many people. So as we each sat at one side of the booth, we devoured in our ice cream and kept talking, joking, and laughing until the late hours of the afternoon. Ashton would tell me about some of his embarrassing days in Europe, he'd want me to tell him more about my days in the soccer team; we went on and on until we left at around eight when the sky was dark and the stars were illuminating the night. Ashton did end up walking me home, he kept his hand around mine as we lazily made our way to my house. He rechecked that he'll pick me up today, he told me he's glad he asked me to stay out longer and then when we reached my porch – thank god George and mom were sleeping as they'd drunken their asses off – he hugged me affectionately and then ever so softly and sweetly, kissed my cheek and placed my loose strand of hair behind my ear. It was amazing, his lips on my skin, the tingles and shivers that tinged at my skin. It was when I ended up in my bed that I finally confessed to myself, I like Ashton Weston and I liked him a lot. 

A truck's honking made me jump in my place. Ashton waved at me as I practically ran over to his truck, pulled open the door and hopped in. 

"Hey," he greeted. 

"Hi," I replied back with a smile. 

"Ready for some fun maths?" Ashton started off to his house. 

"Oh please maths will never be fun," I grunted. 

"Not when you're with me?" He faked disappointment. 

"Maybe," I shrugged, trying to hide the amusement in my face. 

"Whatever," Ashton grumbled, but finally cracked a grin. "So, Anna's home but my mom's at work, that okay?" 

I nodded to his question. 

"Great," he beamed as he turned into a homey neighbourhood.

 It was beautiful. Houses of different shades of cream and beige stood beside each other with small gardens between each one. Some houses had those white picket fences while others didn't. I could easily identify single storied, double storied houses. Ashton kept driving until he stopped in front of a fair looking house. It was of a deep, creamy beige, with windows which were covered from the inside with what seemed like soft, skye blue curtains. The house had one of those brick roofs, it had three steps which lead to the front door. There were two pots of plants beside the edges of the front door and a double seat swinging chair to the far side of the porch. It was beautiful. Although if compared with the surrounding houses, it'll seem just normal and not much to talk about. But compared with my house, this is just breath-taking. 

"Your house is beautiful," I complimented as we stood in front of it. 

Ashton chuckled, earning my attention. 

"What?" I wondered. 

"It's technically not mine," he explained. 

"Oh, right, you have an apartment, Gotcha," I winked at him teasingly.