Chapter 17

I knew I wasn't in my bed. I was certain, I wasn't in my room. And I knew for a fact that someone was sleeping beside me, and it made me smile in a dreamy way. The events from yesterday hit me at once, reminding me that now I don't have anything to hide from Ashton, my boyfriend. It never gets old! It's not just that I have nothing to hide anymore, it's also that I know more about him now. I can now relate to his past. It's great to now know about where he came from, who his parents really are, what has affected him in life to lead him to be the person he is now. I guess he can say the same thing as well. Sighing in contentment, I turned to face Ashton as I had my back against his chest. I heard him hum and smiled at that simple sound. Part of me wanted to go back to sleep while the other part wanted to wake up and be met by a pair of beautiful, gleaming hazel eyes.

"Good Morning," his gruff voice broke the morning's silence.

Smiling at him I responded, "Morning."

Ashton rubbed his eyes with his palm while his other arm was still holding me close to him. Muffling my yawn, I buried my face into his shoulder as I enjoyed the closeness of his body.

"How'd you sleep?" Ashton whispered against my ear.

"Perfectly fine," I giggled as his lips brushed against the skin right under my ear.

"Me too."

Grinning wildly, I pulled from his embrace and placed a peck on his lips. Ashton was quick to respond as he cupped my cheeks and intensified what started as a sweet peck.

"I love 'good morning' kisses," he smirked as he pulled back.

Scoffing at his attempt, I playfully slapped his arm.

"What? Don't tell me you don't like them," Ashton said, his eye brows rising.

"I don't need them," I tried to retaliate from the main question.

Ashton knew I was trying to negate his point, he knew I loved those 'good-morning' kisses as well but didn't want to actually give in to him. So he did what he's best at, teasing me. His eyes caught onto my own, keeping me captivated with his hazel, gleaming orbs. Slowly, he inched forward, his eyes adverting to my lips and then back up to my eyes. Just as slowly, my eyes closed, and my chest constricted at the anticipation of his lips meeting my own. But it never came, because just as his lips brushed my own, Ashton pulled away and jumped off the bed, smirking in tease.

"C'mon, I'm gonna start breakfast," he called over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

I was still in shock. I really wanted that kiss. 

"Jerk," I yelled after him as I huffed and got off the bed. I really, really wanted that kiss.

Ashton and I settled for toast and some fruits, simple and delicious. I was still giving him a hard time for that stunt he pulled on me. Who the hell does that? In the morning? That was so not cool. But after me giving him my angry look for about twenty minutes, Ashton made it up to me with his sweet words and an even better morning kiss which may have lasted an eternity. What can I say? I'm addicted to my boyfriend! So, we settled to eat breakfast with a bit of excitement as today was our last before mid-semester break. We've been finishing off tests and assignments, and we're overly happy that after today we'd be free for a couple weeks with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year coming up. For me, those days were just like any other day as I stayed home and away from my mother and George. But now, I have my friends back and I have my boyfriend, so I'm sure it will be better.

As we finished breakfast, Ashton volunteered to wash the dishes and I decided to help dry them. So we settle into that. Drying the plates in silence, my mind wandered to last night. To a specific something Ashton said. He had slept with many girls, is that important to him? Is sex in a relationship important to him? My mind kept reeling with assumptions and scenarios, making me get nervous and worried by the minute.