Chapter 6

Saturday....Mmmm...Saturday. I can finally relax. No work, no school. But Demon one and Demon two are home. Groaning in frustration, I plopped off my bed and rubbed at my tired eyes. When I got home yesterday, my mom was still sleeping and George was dozed off on the couch after a few heavy drinks. I stumbled into my room and got into bed, but sleep didn't come easily as I found myself questioning the events of the day. I still couldn't get my head wrapped around the fact that Ashton suspects someone's hurting me, that he actually saw one of my bruises and saw my mom and didn't run. I also couldn't stop from thinking about today. How will it go? How will hanging out with Anna be like? She did tell me that Eric and Kayla would be there, and she also said Aaron will be there as her brother is tagging along. I wonder how he looks like? How he is? Is he as chirpy and spirited as Anna? If so then that would be just great. The thing that frightened me was being amongst them. How awkward would it be? I mean with Anna and Aaron it will be fine but add Kayla, Chace and Anna's brother and there builds the awkwardness...I guess! Anyway, I should probably just have some breakfast, and then quickly get the hell out of here.  

     An hour later and I was dressed in my blue two piece (I made sure to thoroughly cover my bruise on my stomach), with my blue shorts on top and a white sleeveless top. I had my bag packed with some sunscreen, a towel, and the wad of cash that'll suffice me. Locking my room, I headed downstairs, as quietly as possible, and headed to the kitchen. What I didn't expect was to see George sipping his coffee, rubbing at his forehead. He ain't in a good mood! Cautiously, I slipped into the kitchen and to the fridge, as far away from George as possible. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and grabbed a granola bar. 

"Where are you heading?" His hoarse, deep voice asked. 

Clenching the granola bar tightly, I meekly looked up at him as I answered, "Library." 

Lie, I know. 

"Your mom says you brought your boyfriend over," he mumbled, with a snicker and a frown. 

"He's a friend and he came over to tutor me," I defended. 

"Tutor huh? In what?" He asked, placing his mug in the sink. 

"Maths." 

George narrowed his eyes at me and crossed his arms. I felt uncomfortable as I swallowed the last of my granola bar. 

"I thought you were a smart ass of a nerd," he chuckled evilly as I washed the dishes. 

Wiping my wet hands, I grabbed my bag and shrugged. 

"I need extra help in maths. I have to go," I mumbled lowly as turned to the door. 

George's grasp stopped me as icy shivers ran from my wrist and up my arm. 

"Listen to me very carefully," he spat as he was inches away from my face. "If I find out that anyone knows what goes on behind these walls, I'll personally and slowly beat the shit out of you that you'll be pleading me to kill you. Understood?" 

His voice was filled with venom and his eyes as black as coal. Scared the hell out, I nodded reluctantly and he finally let me go. I scattered my way to the front door and ran off. I didn't need my car, I don't think I'd be able to drive it with my heart going a thousand beat per second.

      The beach wasn't crowded at all. It was only eleven in the morning, people won't start to show up until two hours or so later. The sun was scorching today, with the heat and slight wind, it was the perfect day for the beach. Sadly, I wasn't feeling very hyped. George's words, his threats actually, kept running through my mind. George isn't someone you'd ignore and keep moving on, at some point he'll get back at you and he'll do it in the worst possible way. Anyhow, I have to focus on today, on meeting Anna's brother and try to have as much fun with Anna because this is important to her. I looked around, trying to spot anyone like Anna or Aaron, but I wasn't successful. They weren't here yet, so it seems. I walked further along and stopped where most people would get to the beach. And just my luck, Aaron was approaching. He seemed relaxed, in his navy blue trunks and white t-shirt. Once he caught my eye he waved and picked up his pace.