Chapter 10

The game. Today's the game. Today our school holds its first soccer game of the new starting year. Today I'm going to watch that game. I'm going to watch that game for the boy who waltzed into my life and took control of my heart and sentiments. Today I'm going to watch Ashton Weston. 

"Yoohooo, Sam," a voice yelled snapping me out of my daydream.

 Shaking my head to rid it of any thoughts, I focused back to the present. Kayla and Anna are sat in front of me as we're in my room. Yup, that's right. I, Samantha Hale, invited two girls to my house. I was hesitant at first, but then when they told me what they're plans were –  us to spend the first half of the day after school together and then head to the game – I gave up and suggested going to my house as both my mom and George went out of town to the city. 

"Huh?" I looked at both girls. 

"I was saying that I'm not sure I should wear the jersey," Anna repeated. 

Oh right

Anna and Aaron are dating now, they're a couple. It happened a few days back, it was actually after that day I spent with Ashton. Aaron finally grew some balls and asked he rout. It was really sweet because that same day Ashton knew. He knew because Aaron had actually gone to Ashton and told him he wants to date his sister, that he didn't want that to get in between their friendship. And look where we are now, Anna and Aaron are a couple – like full on, with holding hands and all – and here she is worrying that maybe wearing his jersey is too soon. 

"I think you should," I give her my opinion. 

"Oh honey please," Kayla scoffs. "There's nothing more a guy would like. It's like you're showing him how proud of him you are. I wore Chace's jersey the very next day he had a game," Kayla said, the expert she is. 

Anna looked between both me and Kayla, over and over, and finally she sighed and let her shoulders drop form the tense for they were on. 

"I guess you're right. He did ask me to," she smiled now, like big on smiling. 

It's been taking over her face a lot, and it suits her. I know Carol is super happy, last time I went over to their house she was all excited and gushing about her 'little baby' getting a boyfriend. 

"What about you?" Kayla now asked me. 

"Me?" I looked at her to elaborate. 

"Aren't you gonna wear Ashton's?" 

And at this Anna perks up and wiggles her eyebrows at me. 

"What?" I ask, with red cheeks and fumbling hands. 

"Oh come on. Don't tell me he hasn't asked you," Kayla smirks. 

"He just asked me to the game. We're friends Kayla," I state the last part. 

"What? He hasn't asked you out?" Anna screeches. 

"Anna what the hell?" I chuckle at her face. 

"That brother of mine is the most stupid boy to have graced this planet," she mumbles under her breath. 

"Okay," I drawl out, wanting to change the subject. 

This has gotten weird. Ask me out? What? Oh Anna how I wish he would.....what the hell am I saying... I don't need any complications to add on top of George and mom!

         Kayla and Anna left about two hours ago. Kayla was going to accompany Chace to the game, Anna was also going with Aaron, while I was going with Ashton. As I wipe the table in front of me, my eyes keep darting to the clock above the door. I'm in Rick's Diner finishing my shift and waiting for a certain blond to walk through those doors.