Chapter 31

Why was it that every time you're in class, you find yourself staring at the clock, watching as that ticking hand goes at a slow, torturous pace? It's funny how it is in class that I find myself looking at a clock the most. Just like I'm doing right now. As I sit here in History class, I can't help but flick my eyes from my notes to the clock. Just three more minutes and I'll be free. I need to pee badly and I'm craving the oreo packet I stashed in the pocket of my bag. Just a minute left. And just as I thought I'd be staying here a century more waiting for that big hand to make its move, the bell finally rang.

I must've looked like the Flash. Actually that's an exaggeration as I was speed walking through the hall. Running wasn't allowed. I made my way to the girls' restrooms and quickly locked myself in a cubicle. Finally! Once I was done, I got out, washed my hands, and then got out to the halls again. Fishing the oreo packet from my bag, I looked around trying to find a familiar face. Munching on an oreo, my gaze finally caught a bubbly female who came skipping to my side with a big grin.

"Hey," Anna beamed.

"Hello Anna."

She hooked her arm around my own and led me to her locker where she needed to grab a book. We had a free lesson now as we were getting ready for the last of our finals before graduation.

"Ok, let's go."

Munching on my oreos, I followed by her side, only to stop as the signal of the principle's announcement came from the speakers.

"Senior school students can you please head to the gymnasium for graduation practice. I repeat, senior school students, please make your way to the gymnasium for graduation practice. Thank you."

Anna groaned beside me and I slumped my shoulders, stuffing the last oreo into my mouth.

"Seriously? Couldn't it have taken place during chemistry or even maths," Anna huffed, changing our direction to the gymnasium.

I laughed and patted her arm as she kept her annoyed frown and crossed her arms.

The gymnasium was packed with senior students. Teachers stood in each corner, waiting for everyone to arrive. We made our way to our home teacher who stood in the far corner next to the stage that was placed by the front of the gymnasium. Anna and I stood to the side as we tried to find some of our friends. Kayla was in our homeclass, and so was Aaron. But sadly, Chace and Ashton were in the other class.

Kayla and Aaron joined us shortly as more kids packed the gym. I couldn't help but flick my eyes to the gym's entrance every second, waiting to see Ashton.

"This is so annoying," Anna groaned.

"Oh hush. At least we get almost half of the day off. They're not going to finish this until probably three hours later," Kayla reasoned.

"She's right," Aaron agreed as he nudged his girlfriend in the side.

Anna was still annoyed as she huffed and stuck her tongue at the two, making us all chuckle at her childishness.

Just then the gym door opened and in walked Chace and Ashton, both conversing as they walked in. Chace looked around, and so did Ashton, as they both made their way to their home class teacher.

Kayla caught Chace's eyes and she beamed, waving at him as he waved back and laughed as he noticed Anna. And finally, Ashton's gaze followed Chace's and he finally met my gaze. His smile was soft, his eyes were bright, and I couldn't stop myself from beaming. His eyes held my own, and then he slowly looked around me and chuckled at his sister. Chace nudged him, telling him something to which he nodded. A second later Chace got back to Ashton's side nodding, and both of them started making their way towards us.