Chapter 8

Author's Note: This one goes to @softballqueen48 and @CarleyMorgan13...Thank you guys so much for voting and commenting, it means a lot!! Hope you enjoy :)

            *************************************************

      The next day, I woke up with the most sore eyes. I tried my best to cover the bruises but it didn't go very well. When I went downstairs, the shattered glass was still on the floor, so I swept that up quickly and left the house with my granola bar halfway eaten and my lunch in my bag which I managed to quickly repair. I was extra early, an hour early. I didn't take the car, I decided to walk. It wasn't a long walk so it didn't bother me at all. I kept walking and walking, with my mind repaying everything from yesterday. I wasn't in my best mood and best state today. I wish I could get through the day without being noticed, but I know that isn't possible, so I'll have to put the best front I could.

     The parking lot was empty, well almost. There were some cars and some students sitting by the trees. I decided to sit on the benches which were to the side of the parking spaces. I couldn't stop the words from yesterday night repeat in my head, he'd be so disgusted. It instantly brought tears to my eyes, and I found myself wiping a lone tear. I couldn't cry in front of everyone here. I sucked in a breath and tried to calm my breathing. It wasn't easy as a voice I hated boomed from across the parking lot. Eric and his little group greeted one another as they all stepped out of their fancy, expensive cars. I kept my head low as to not attract them. Let's just say I did a very terrible job as I sniffed and they all turned to face me. Eric was the first to react. 

"Well well well, it's our dear Sammy," he mocked as he approached with his friends. 

I stood up from my seat and tried to make it to the entrance but was stopped as he stood right in front of me. 

"Aw, c'mon Sammy don't ruin the fun," he snickered as his friends chuckled. 

"Eric move," I stated as I tried to go around him. 

"Why, you gonna go tell about us to your new bud?" 

He took a step forward, closer than my usual, and my heart picked up. After George hurts me, I can't help but be alert the next day. 

"Eric move," I stuttered. 

He laughed out loud, it was a devilish laugh, one like George's. My hands trembled and my breathing seemed shallow. 

"Not a chance," he stated with dark eyes. It was his gaze that replayed all the events of last night. "Scared are we?" 

His voice was so low, so menacing. 

"Eric," someone yelled out from across the parking area. Eric turned around briefly, and I took that as my chance. 

I ran, sprinted to the entrance. Once inside, I stopped by my locker to catch my breath. As my hands trembled and my heart beat erratically faster, I wasn't aware of the person behind me. 

"Sam," I jumped in the air with a yelp as the voice sacred me. 

Turning around to face the voice, I noticed it was Ashton and slowly calmed down a little. 

"What the hell?" He looked me over with concern. 

I was still shaking, still scared. 

"Sam," he spoke. 

I couldn't stop the tears from forming in my eyes. He noticed and his eyes widened. He looked around him as one or two students were staring at us. Grabbing my hand softly, he pulled me with him, and without hesitation I followed, because I knew I was safe with him.