Chapter 3

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
Baby I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars....

   God, how I love OneRepublic! There's something about Ryan's voice, something about their lyrics, or maybe the beat of their music, it just all makes me addicted to them. Anyway, as I hummed along to the song, I slipped on my green converse which would finish off my attire for the day. Second day of school that is. I had blue jeans short on and a white sleeveless, flowy shirt as my bruise isn't so intense anymore, more of a yellowish blending color. George and my mom weren't home. They left early in the morning and wouldn't be back until late at night as they are probably having free drinks and free offered weed at some crazy friend's house. All the better for me! I skipped down the stairs and started on breakfast, which was some cereal and a glass of milk. My lunch for school was pretty original, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some cut apples, and a juice box. Once I had downed my milk and eaten my cereal, I washed the dishes and sprinted upstairs to brush my teeth. With that done, I was ready to head off to school.

    I don't know why, but today I felt good and happy to go to school. Maybe because I finally have a friend, someone who's new to me, doesn't know anything about me or about my past, and someone who seems to find me worth hanging around with. I knew Anna wouldn't turn out to be like Sandy or the other bitches, she hated them and she's cool when I dodge a conversation heading to information about me. I know it's only been like a day that we've known each other, just yesterday actually, but that doesn't mean I still need to know her better to know she means well. No, she's a friend already, and I'm happy for that.

    The school parking lot was crowded, as I arrived just a few minutes before classes start. Locking my car and making sure it really was locked, I headed on to the school building. Mid stride, I heard my name being called. Turning around to find the person who's voice was repeating my name, I noticed Anna running to me with a grin on her face. She looked different today, she had her hair up in a high pony tail as her colored strikes were almost hidden with the rest of her hair, she was wearing navy blue shorts and a white strapless tank top with a light cotton vest and finally her ankle high black converse.

"Hey," she chirped, linking her arm with mine.

"Well hello," I chuckled as she almost skipped.

"I'm so happy," she squealed.

"I can see," I stated with sarcasm.

"I'm really looking forward to this volleyball thing. I used to be part of a volleyball team in my previous school and I loved that sport," she explained as she sighed.

I stopped at my locker, placing all my books for later lessons in the locker while grabbing the books I needed for the first few lessons.

"I'm sure everything will turn out well. There aren't much sports activities for girls in this school, so this may result well as there are a lot of sporty kids here," I assured her as she rested against the lockers.

"I hope so. I actually spoke with Kayla before you arrived. She has it all planned out, she's gonna go speak to the principal and ask for permission or whatever. While she does that I'll hold the meeting at the gym until she comes back with a yes or no."

I nod along to her words.

"I'm really sorry you'll spend lunch time alone," she winced.

"It's fine, really. Plus I have some work I can catch up on. It's not a big deal," I shrugged it off.

Because it really wasn't.

"I'll make it up to you. Oh, and if we do start this whole thing, then we have to go celebrate," she exclaimed with her giddiness.