90.) Compromise

25 year old Jenna

"How you feeling?" Nate asked walking into the bedroom. "I'm okay." She mumbled turning over on her side and pulled a sleeping baby Nate into her closely.

"Do you wanna talk?" He asked walking further into the room and climbed in bed behind her.

Shaking her head, she placed a kiss baby Nate's forehead then played in his hair.

"Do you want to keep trying?" He asked wrapping his arms around the both of them.

"What's the point?" She asked lowly. "We got lucky to even have baby Nate... I should've listened to the stupid ass doctor." She mumbled.

"Doctors don't have the final say J Bug." He reminded and she rolled her eyes.

"Here we go with this bs again."

"What bs? Because God has da final say and your faith is a little shattered? I lost da baby too Jenna, she was your child just as much as mine. Yeah you carried her, but I spoke to her on'a daily, day and night, sun up to sun down. You think I'm not hurt? I prayed for us to have a lil girl for da longest and when we got da chance it was taken right from us. I'm hurt just like you." He told her and she closed her eyes and hugged baby Nate tightly.

"We were gonna have a girl." She croaked before she broke down.

"A little me Nate, someone I could dress up and have tea parties with. My baby girl is gone and there's nothing I can do."

Resting his face in the crook of her neck, he placed his hand over hers.

"We can keep trying, only if you want baby. I'm not ready to give up yet, not when we came dis far." He told her with tears in his eyes.

"I know it hurts baby, but dat hurt don't last forever." He added and she broke down.

He held her protectively as she cried her heart out.

Baby Nate stirred in his sleep slightly before waking up upon hearing Jenna crying.

Turning in her arms, he placed his hand on her cheek and stared at her with sad eyes.

"Don't cry mommy." He spoke softly.

"Give her love Junior." Nate told him and baby Nate wrapped his small arms around her neck as she cried harder.

It was honestly a bitter sweet moment.

**

GABBY
Present Day (October 5th)

"Hey?" I called waving my hand in front of Nate's face. Blinking a few times he looked at Ramel then at me.

"Wassup?" He asked pushing his drink to the side.

We were having breakfast at Nola Nights, but he seemed to be out of it.

"Everything okay?" I asked handing Ramel the whipped topping.

"Yeah, my mind just drifted." He answered looking off. "What's the matter Nate?" Ramel asked stuffing his mouth with eggs.

"Nothing lil man, I'm fine." He answered looking down at his empty plate.

"What's wrong?" I asked seeing that he was fighting back the tears. "Just got my pops on my mind." He mumbled getting off and headed towards the bathroom.