53.) Back from the Dead?

ASHLEY REYNOLDS
April 1st

"So you never took your ex husbands last name?" Tameeka asked as she wiped her station down.

I started working here last week and so far the ladies and Q were nice.

"I did, but when things got bad, I just had my name changed back from Johnson to Reynolds." I answered.

"I would've kept his last name just so I could put everything on his damn tab." Quentin stated and I laughed shaking my head.

"We know your ass would've done it." Yaz said as I picked up the broom.

I wasn't even supposed to be here still, I unloaded the truck this morning and put everything where they were supposed to be in under 3 hours.

The only reason I was still here because baby girl was in school and didn't get home until 3.

I had another few hours.

"Trick you always got something to say, mind your business." He told her and I looked at Trina shocked.

"They do dis all da damn time." She assured shaking her head.

"Cuz she always wanna add her two cents, nobody asked you Sally Mae." He added and we erupted in laughter.

"Ayo, Q you gotta go!" Skylar exclaim dropping the flat iron from laughing so hard.

"Y'all know I speak my mind." He replied looking at Yaz smirking and she rolled her eyes.

"That makes two of us." She said and I laughed softly.

"Y'all are aware of what day it is right?" Melanie asked and I shrugged looking around.

"The first of the month." One of the clients announced. "Food stamps bitch." Q stated.

"Yo hungry ass, it's April Fools." Sky said and I covered my mouth laughing.

That's why Niy was telling me she was ready for pranks.

"What dat got to do wit us?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"Just a heads up just in case someone try to get you, damn you're welcome." Trina spoke and he chuckled.

"Thanks trick." He acknowledged just as a customer walked in.

"Welcome to Sky's and Trina Quest to Beauty." Loren greeted, I liked that catch phrase. I wonder if customers get tired of hearing it tho.

"She's good Lo, just check her in. Come on back Bobbie." Sky said heading towards the shampoo area.

I waved as I walked towards the front to sweep by the door and chairs.

"One thing I like about this salon, we don't ever have people sitting in the waiting area. It's like we got that in here for no damn reason." Tameeka stated and Q agreed.

"We don't have it there for no reason, the kids normally sit out there and watch tv or read the magazines. So it's being used." Trina clarified.

"Mmm, well ok then boss." He joked and I laughed stepping back when some guy walked inside.

"Is there a Skylar here?" He asked taking off his shades and I looked around the salon confused.

"Do you have an appointment?" Loren asked and he shook his head.

"What are you here for then?" Sky asked coming from the back.

He dropped the book bag and pulled out a gun.