33.) Holidays & Heartache

AUGUST
Dec. 24th

"Baybeh?" I called walking up behind Sky as I recorded her pumping gas.

"Not today." She said looking back at me and I chuckled. "You're still mad?" I asked leaning against her car.

She looked up at the other girl who was arguing with her dude and laughed to herself.

"I kno I'm not talking to myself." I said sliding my phone in my pocket and turned my hat backwards.

"Obviously you are." She said putting the pump back into the holder and I kissed my teeth.

"So you're gonna be mad at me on Christmas Eve? How dat work?" I asked holding the door open for her.

She just ignored me and got inside and pulled the door closed, shaking my head I walked over towards the passenger side and got in.

"Out of all da months, you choose dis month to be mad." I said reclining my seat back and pulled out my phone to see if Nell them were at the Shooting Range yet.

"You accused me of having something going on with Ian... not only that you believed those fake ass edited photos of me talking to the police." She stated and I blew out a breath.

Ok maybe I did overreact.

"Knowing that my dumb ass is in love with you and you would rather believe some edited photos other than me? That speaks volumes of your character. I never gave you any reason to think I was a snake or working to bring you down. The fact that you brought my parents death up in it crossed the line." She continued.

"Like always, you're sitting there without shit to say. I don't even know why I came on this damn trip, I should stayed over Macy's house." She argued and I sighed cutting the radio on.

I was not one to argue and I already apologized.

"This is my car remember? So if you don't wanna hear shit you can get out." She snapped stopping the car in the middle of the road causing a few cars to beep as they swerved around.

"Sky drive da damn car." I said putting my shades on. "Nope." She replied putting the car in park.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. "I already apologized." I added looking over at her.

"You brought my parents into it, are you dumb?" She questioned, I could tell she was upset cuz her New York accent starting coming out.

"And I apologized." I reminded. "So if I would've brought up Mel, you would've been okay with it?" She asked staring at me and I looked out the window.

I guess I saw her point.

"Like I thought." She said putting the car back in drive.

We drove in silence for fifteen minutes until we reached the shooting range.