67.) "Gabby."

AUGUST
May 2nd

"Are you trying to be a stripper or bartender?" Sky asked our first interviewee.

"Stripper." She answered looking at me and I chuckled. "Um... dear, the flyers and the sign on the door clearly stated where to go if you wanted to be a stripper or bartender." Sky told her in a calm tone.

"Isn't this where I'm supposed to be?" She asked still staring at me.

Sky laughed shaking her head.

"Wannabe strippers go over there." She told her nodding to where Trina and Nell was at.

"Three stages down with a big sign... don't see why you missed it." She added and I dropped my head laughing.

Shortie squinted her eyes at her like she wanted to say something but thought against it.

"Aye, you know what? Maybe you should come back tomorrow." I suggested not liking her attitude.

"Seriously?" She asked. "Mhm." I hummed waving the next girl over.

She scoffed twisting away.

"Be nice." I told Sky and she rolled her eyes.

"I was being nice." She replied and I chuckled. The next girl walked over and handed Sky her photos and resume.

"Gabby?" Sky asked reading over the name and she nodded.

"Gabby or Gabrielle, whichever you prefer." She replied. "What do you prefer?" I asked looking at her.

"Gabby." She answered and Sky and I laughed.

"Gabby it is." We said.

"You just turned twenty one?" Sky asked motioning for her to take a seat. "Yeah, but a worked at a two other clubs who hired me and just told me to lie about my age." She announced and I rose a brow.

"That's why you're here?" Sky asked and she nodded.

"I take care of my little brother, so I had to think either spend a night or two in jail for not having an actual permit or leave and wait until I'm actually legal to Bartend." She explained and Sky and I shared a look.

"How old is he?" I asked. "Eight, my mom passed away recently, so I work when he's in bed." She answered.

"Is your house safe?" I questioned. "Yeah, but I also have a neighbor that keeps an eye on the house when I'm at work. She's an friend of my moms and the only one who was there as she took her last breath." She explained and I shook my head.

"Damn." I mumbled.

Her story was slightly like Sky's except Sky had it worse.

"What hours are good with you?" Sky asked.

She looked at me then at Sky and shrugged.

"I'm fine with coming in at nine to four." She replied and Sky looked at me.

"How many days?" I asked. "Any honestly, all I ask is to have Tuesday's off, that's Taco and movie night for us." She informed and I nodded understanding.