16.) Getting shit straight

TRINA
August 14th

"Un uh trick see cuz they do dat tv shit and go up looking a fool, I won't play a fool for no check." Quentin said as he worked on Skylar's hair.

Her and August have been doing so much better since they came back from seeing his mom but he also told me about some of the things she told Skylar.

Ms. Sheila knew she had no right doing that, I get she and August may not be on the best of terms but she ain't have to try to paint him as this bad person cuz he wasn't.

"You talking about love and hip hop ain't you?" Kim asked and he nodded. "Some of dem just don't mind looking stupid, like I don't see how they think it's okay to sleep with a man you know is married or have a kid by a man you know already has kids and don't take care of dem." He explained and we all nodded in agreement.

"Would you be with yo guy if he had a baby?" He asked looking at Skylar, the minute August started dropping her off her a couple weeks ago he's all they talk about.

Him and Nell.

"Well he's a great guy so I wouldn't mind especially if I knew he took care of his child and had clear understandings with his baby mama." She answered and a few of the women clients shook their heads.

"Y'all know damn well y'all would stay with a nigga if he had kids, hell half of y'all are the other women." He stated and my eyes widened.

He did not just call them out like that.

"Oh shit." Kim said looking at a few of the ladies and I laughed shaking my head.

"Y'all quiet I see." He said then snickered and Skylar laughed covering her face. "You're laughing but let dat man of yours get a girl pregnant I bet you be crying." A woman said who was clearly in her feelings.

"Oop un uh don't come at her like dat." I said looking at her like she was crazy. "It's fine, I don't care how she feels." Sky said picking up her phone.

"You should, you think things sweet now but let him have a baby on you." She went on and we all looked at her.

"You're taking dis personal ain't you? Sounds like you decided to stay cuz you sound real pressed sis." Quentin said and she rolled her eyes getting quiet.

I hated clients like her just so damn bitter.

"Anyways, how many of y'all would go on Love and hip hop?" He asked and a few of them raised their hands.

"What if they tried to have y'all mess with women or play a side chick?" He asked and their hands dropped.

"Y'all smart." He laughed. "When are you gonna start working here boo?" Kim asked looking over at Sky.

"Um I don't know... I've been thinking about taking a course so I could get my license first." She told her and Kim looked at me.

"Why not just have Trina teach you?" She asked. "She does, but I thought I had to be licensed to work in an actual shop?" She said confused.

"You do." Quentin said. "So when you get that situated you'll be here?" Kim asked and she nodded.

"It couldn't hurt." She replied looking down at her phone and smiled. "Dat fine ass boyfriend of yours again?" Q asked being nosy and I laughed when he tried to look at her screen.

"So nosy." She laughed putting her phone down. "Nosy my middle name chile." He said and he we all busted out laughing cuz he wasn't lying about that.

"Y'all be getting freak nasty?" He asked and I hit his arms. "No I'm a virgin." She answered and a couple ladies side eyed her.

"Neesha just cuz yo ass ain't a virgin don't mean everyone else isn't. You know there are good girls in dis world right?" He asked and she looked Skylar over then shook her head like she wanted to say something.