88.) Guilt & Notices

GABBY
October 1st |Nola Nights|

"I think he likes coming here to ruin my night." I whispered to Courtney referring to the rude guy who's been coming in here every night asking specifically for me.

"I told you say word and I'll get my blade and gut em like a fish." She reminded and I laughed.

"I'm telling you girl, just let me know." She said patting her back pocket and I laughed picking up the tray of food and headed out front to the couple sitting in the booth.

"Can we get some A1 sauce?" The guy asked after looking his steak over.

"Yeah, did you guys want any ketchup or anything?" I asked.

"Y'all got hot sauce?" The girl asked and I laughed nodding.

"We sure do." I replied.

"How do y'all wash these dishes?" The guy asked inspecting his fork and knife.

"With a little bleach in the dish water, then we sanitize and let them soak in hot water before we let it air dry." I told him and he nodded.

"Y'all don't do that power wash mess that other restaurant do that just wash the food off the stuff then put it up?" He questioned and his girlfriend laughed shaking her head.

"No, our bosses don't play with that." I assured.

"Good." He said. "So A1 sauce and hot sauce?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes and can we order some cheddar biscuits?" He asked and his girlfriend gave him a look.

"Yeah, that's fine." I said walking back towards the bar.

After I handed them their sauce, I noticed the rude guy staring at me.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked walking over towards him.

"Just trying to figure out when you're gonna ask me if I'm ready to order dessert." He said and I pursed my lips.

"Sir you're still eating, I wasn't aware you wanted to order dessert." I told him.

"You ain't ask now did you?" He asked tilting his head and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Would you like some dessert?" I asked forcing a smile.

"Actually I want more chili fries." He stated and I looked down seeing he still had his plate full.

"Is that a problem?" He asked and I smirked.

"Not at all." I mumbled walking away. After handing the other guests their stuff and heading back into the kitchen for rude man things I frowned looking around the bar seeing he was gone.

"Who you looking for?" Nate asked, I hadn't even notice he was here.

"Son of a bitch." I mumbled putting the food down. "What?" He laughed.

"That man just ran out on the bill." I stressed, August was gonna kick my ass.

"He was sitting right here." I said pointing to the abandoned plate and drink.