34.) Merry Christmas, I guess.

OMNISCIENT
Christmas morning

Knocking on Nell's and Trina bedroom door, August waited for them to answer.

Sky wasn't in the bed with him or anywhere in the house.

He thought things were going better since she agreed to sleep in the same bed with him last night.

But she left early this morning by 4am.

Trina opened the door rubbing at her eye. "We're grown August, it's seven am, come back by eleven." She said about to close the door but he stopped it with his foot and she looked up at him.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked noticing the sad look in his eyes. "She's gone." He answered walking into the room and sat at the foot of the bed and covered his face.

Trina shook Nell awake and sat next to August.

"What do you mean she's gone?" She asked and he reached in his pocket and pulled out the watch and necklace he got for her.

"Maybe she went to a hotel... there's no way she left in this weather." She said seeing that it was flurrying outside.

"She's gone Trina... and she took my heart with her." He spoke softly as he stood up and walked out the room ignoring Nell calling for him.

Trina looked back at him with glossy eyes and he pulled her into him.

"This isn't supposed to be happening." She cried. "We're gonna get her back ma." He told her as he rubbed her back.

If he would have known Sky would have left he would've stayed downstairs and kept watch for her.

But when she and August went into their room he assumed they were good...

He was wrong.

**

"I guess we aren't opening gifts." Nell said picking up the tv remote and turned the volume up when Christmas Story came on.

"She's ignoring my calls." Trina announced tossing her phone to the side when Sky ignored her call for fifth time.

"She blocked me." Nell said then looked over at August who was looking out the window.

"You think he'll shoot up da city?" Trina mouthed. "Maybe." Nell mouthed back and she pouted.

"Well, I guess I'll start breakfast." She said getting up. "I can help." Nell suggested but she shook her head and nodded towards August.

Nodding, he paused the movie and called August over.

"I'm good." He replied watching the snow stick to the ground.

He was worried about Sky and prayed she was okay.

He was starting to feel guilty about everything, if Mel was here he would've made August go toe to toe with him for pulling that stunt he did.

He was angry, but that wasn't an excuse for what he said or did.

He crossed the line.

Feeling his phone vibrate, he pulled it out his pocket and clicked on Sky's instagram notification.

It was two photos, the first one was her parents gravesite with the caption.

"Merry Christmas, I hope I'm making you proud."

The second post was of a photo of August and Mel with the caption.