25.) Clarifications

SKYLAR
Nov. 19th

"You're da famous Sky I've been hearing so much about?" Donell's mom asked after hugging me.

"Yes ma'am." I answered following her into her beautiful home. August and Nell went around back and Trina was right behind me.

"So how long have you and dat knuckle head August been dating?" She asked leading me into her living room and I laughed at the nickname.

"We've known one another for nine months now... we haven't really made things official yet." I told her and bit down on my lip nervously from the look she was giving me.

"Are you guys having sex?" She asked and I shook my head.

I mean... unless she counts him giving me oral.

"Has he gave you any reason to believe he's dealing with other girls?" She questioned, Trina was about to answer but she stopped her and stared at me.

"No ma'am, I trust him and he's made it clear on many occasions that he's only worried about me." I assured and she nodded slowly.

"So why haven't y'all made it official?" She asked raising a brow. "We talk about it a lot... I think we're both scared though." I admitted and she laughed.

"Scared of what? Ain't y'all living like grown folks?" She asked and I laughed nervously. "Yeah." I answered and she smirked.

"So what y'all afraid of? Commitment?" She questioned. They weren't lying when they said she didn't hold back.

Before I could answer August and Nell walked into the living room and she smirked.

"August come have a seat." She said scooting over and patted the cushion. Trina laughed getting up and walked over to where Nell was at.

"What I do?" He asked sitting next to me and I shrugged looking elsewhere.

"So I was having a conversation with luh miss Sky right?" She told him and he nodded.

"And she tells me y'all live together, but aren't together." She said giving him a look and he looked over at me and I pursed my lips together.

"We are together." He informed shocking the hell out of the both of us. "You sure?" She asked and he nodded.

"Why didn't she know dat?" She questioned. "I thought she was aware and I thought I made it pretty obvious." He answered looking at me.

"So you assumed one thing and she assumed another, you see how dat can cause problems in new relationships?" She asked staring at us both and I nodded.

"So are you guys together?" She asked again. "Yeah." He answered giving me a strange look.

"Were you aware?" She asked looking at me. "No... I thought our talks were leading us there." I admitted.

"Shortie..." he called standing and grabbed my hand. "Hold on mama." He said pulling me outside.

"Did you really think we weren't together?" He asked, sliding my hands in my back pockets I nodded.

"Sky..." he trailed shaking his head and chuckled. "I admitted dat I loved you, I ate you out and bought a house for us... none of dat added up to you?" He questioned furrowing his brows and I shook my head.

"I thought you were gonna wait to ask me or something." I told him honestly and he laughed pulling me into him.

"Mel's death anniversary was da start of our relationship... da moment I put my lips here." He said patting the area and I laughed moving his hand.