Twenty Eight.

Two days after Hadlee has been rescued from Keegan's hold, she's back to normal... at least for the most part. She finds herself still finding it hard to sleep and she won't leave her room once the house is dark. She now eats but finds it hard to finish an entire plate at any meal. Slowly but surely, she's returning to her old self.

That being said, Maverick has yet to change, preventing Justin from visiting or seeing her in any type of way. She's been forced to not have contact with him Maverick hasn't been working and watches her every move. I guess you can guess where that puts us now...

***

"Maverick, go the hell back to work. I'm tired of you stepping on my toes." Hadlee spat, pushing past him and walking towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"I don't want anything to happen to you, Hadlee." he stresses.

"No, you don't want there to be a single chance of Justin coming to see me and you know it. I'm fine. You can't watch over me twenty four seven, if something's going to happen, it's going to happen and it's out of your control." she tells him, keeping her mouth closed for long enough... almost an hour for God's sake.

"Hadlee,"

"Save it." she spat, stomping up the stairs and slamming her door shut.

Leaving her alone for awhile, Maverick sits on the couch with his laptop, making arrangements for something he's made his final decision on. Once everything is settled, he prints the documents before walking up the stairs and knocking on Hadlee's door.

"What?" she spat, rolling her eyes once opening the door to him.

"I'm just here to give you this." he says, handing her the paperwork.

"Why are you giving me a plane ticket?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows at him.

"Because, you're going home early. It's already scheduled. No refunds. Start packing."

"Excuse me?!" she exclaims.

"Start packing!" he calls out, jogging down the stairs.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." she spat, slamming the door shut and dialing her father's number.

"Hello?"

"Do you know anything about what the hell Maverick is doing?!"

"Hold on, slow down. What did he do this time?"

"He scheduled me an early flight and told me I have no choice, dad." she informs him.

"What?!" her father exclaims. "He has no business to do that. Your mother isn't expecting you until this weekend."

"He says I don't have a choice. No refunds." she informs him.

"Goddamn." her father groans. "I'll be home to speak with him soon. I'm sorry, honey."

"Thanks dad." she says, hanging up.

Groaning, Hadlee grabs her shoes, slipping them on and locking her bedroom door before climbing out of the window and maneuvering her way to the ground.

Once making it, she jogs off to the road, not stopping until there's a comfortable distance between her and the house Maverick has kept her locked up in.

Knowing that the gang is having a get together with their families today makes her hesitate for a moment before heading towards the house, making it within fifteen minutes. Ignoring the front door, Hadlee walks immediately to the back gate before putting in the code and walking back.