Nineteen.

As his footsteps are heard, I turn, quickly and quietly rushing upstairs before closing my bedroom door and locking it.

Turning around, I let out a sigh, turning on the light and raising my head before opening my mouth to scream instinctively.

"Shh." he says, his hand covering my mouth to stop me.

I let out the breath, ripping his hand from my mouth. "What the hell. You scared me."

He smiles weakly. "Sorry baby."

"I heard your car zoom off." I say, my brows furrowed as I jab my thumb over my shoulder.

"While you were eavesdropping?" he chuckles.

I give him a look.

"I did it so Maverick would think I left while he was still outside." he says. "I parked down the street and ran through the trees in the back."

I nod, sighing and running a hand through my tangled hair.

"Are you okay?"

I shrug. "I mean, with the whole kidnapping thing... yes. I'm fine. He didn't hurt me or even touch me. He rebuilt my room and locked me inside."

"He rebuilt your room?" he asks, taken aback.

I nod. "He must've been in here before or something. It looked exactly the same. It even took me a while to figure out I wasn't in my room."

He licks his lips. "He'd been watching you. Us."

"Did he call you or Maverick?" I ask. "Or did you just find me?"

He shakes his head. "He called Maverick who didn't answer because he was too busy arguing with me for dating you. But when he didn't answer he called me. Demanded five grand as a trade for you."

"Five grand?" I ask, my eyes widening. "Y'all put together five grand for me?!"

He chuckles, shrugging. "You're worth it. You're his sister. My girlfriend."

I grin softly. "Thank you."

He nods. "Of course. You should probably go hop in the shower though before your dad doesn't hear the water."

I nod, agreeing as I walk towards the bathroom door before turning around, almost frantically looking at him.

"I'll be right here when you get back out." he says softly, noticing my alarmed behavior.

I nod hesitantly, walking into the bathroom and sliding the door shut before starting the water for my shower and undressing myself.

After stepping into the steaming shower, I let the hot water run down my body, washing away the grime and dirt from the day. I wash my hair, massaging my scalp with the ginger infused shampoo and conditioner, then scrub my body with the mango scented body wash before rinsing it all away. I step out of the shower, wrapping myself with a towel before realizing I didn't grab clothes. Instead, I dry off and put my robe on before wrapping my hair in the towel I had been using. I then slide open the door, noticing him on his phone while I grab underwear, sweats and a tee from the dresser and reentering the bathroom. I dress myself before hanging the robe back on its' hook and unraveling my towel from the top of my head. I hang that on its' hook and walk to the sink before brushing through it and braiding it back, wanting it wavy in the morning. Once that's done, I brush my teeth and wash my face, wiping away the excess water before walking over to the bed.

Justin notices my presence, putting his phone down and sliding over for me to sit next to where he's laying.

"Feel better?" he asks, raising his brows.