Fourteen.

***

Vote & Comment!

10,080 minutes. 168 hours. 7 days. This is how long I've been keeping Justin waiting. I haven't given him an answer... I haven't even seen or talked to him. I know I have to but something's holding me back. Something's convincing me to keep him waiting. I guess I want to see if he'll give up on me if I keep him waiting. I want to know if he actually wants me... not a part of me. But I also know him enough by now to know he's trying to give me space while I think and decide.

"You want me to be your girlfriend?" I ask, my breath caught within my throat.

"More than anything." he whispers, holding my cheek in his hand and rubbing the padding of his thumb against the soft skin.

I lick my lips, my breath still stuck within my throat as I gulp. "Can I- can I think about it?"

He grins, nodding. "Absolutely. I know there's a lot that we have to worry about with being together. It's not simple for us."

I nod. "Yeah, there is."

He grins, putting my hair behind my ear. "Do you want me to go?"

I shake my head. "No. But you should... my dad will be home soon and if you're here it'll look suspicious."

He nods. "I get it."

I look up at him, attaching our lips.

He left soon afterwards, leaving me to my thoughts as I tried to figure out what the hell I was going to do. What the hell my answer was going to be. Granted, I've known my answer for two days now. I was just planning to see whether or not he'd give up on me, which he hasn't. I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Sighing to myself, I grab my phone off my bed after showering and getting dressed in a pair of sweats and a tank top. Noticing it's almost nine, I go to my messages with Justin and send one. Hey, you busy?

After only a moment, my phone goes off, giving me the answer I was hoping for.

Nothing today. Why? Everything okay?

I grin at his concern for me, texting back. Everything's fine. Just thought you'd wanna come hear my answer to the question you asked me a few days ago.

Less than thirty seconds later, I receive a text back.

I'll be there in 10

I smile at his eagerness, laying back on my bed and staring at the ceiling, not realizing that time had passed so quickly until there's a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say softly, sitting up as Justin walks into the room. "Hey."

"Hey." He grins, rubbing his palms against his legs.

"You can sit, Jay." I say, laughing lightly.

He chuckles, sitting. "It's just an important conversation." he shrugs.

I nod. "You're right. It is."

He licks his lips, sighing. "So, you made a decision."

I sigh nervously. "Yeah..." I pause, licking my lips. "I want to do this."

He looks up at me, grinning lightly. "Really? You're saying yes?"

I smile, nodding. "Yeah. I wanna try this. I wanna try us. I like us. I like you."

"I like you too." He says, smiling big. "I promise you, Hadlee, I'm going to give you everything I can. And with the shit me and Mav do I also want you to know that I'm gonna do everything I can to protect you. Always."