Four.

***

VOTE! Don't Forget!

***

After only one episode of Everything Sucks!, my phone blares loudly as the theme of the second episode starts, making me pause the show and accept the Facetime call.

"Hey!" my three best friends call in unison, seemingly happy.

I grin. "You guys are all together this time."

That's a first.

"Yeah, I figured just cause you're here doesn't mean I should just block them out." Cami shrugs, grinning at the others.

I send a genuine smile through the phone. "I'm really glad. Just because I can't be here doesn't mean I want y'all to have a summer that sucks as much as mine."

They laugh.

"So, have you gone in your dad's pool yet?" Paislee asks, smirking.

I roll my eyes. "No. But I was out trying to tan earlier and Maverick came home. He started saying I needed to change because my bathing suit was inappropriate."

"Hasn't he ever heard of a teenager wearing a bikini?" Paislee asks, laughing lightly.

"Exactly." I shrug. "Either way, he had this other guy with him. I guess it's like his best friend or something."

"Was he cute?" Camila asks, raising her brows.

I furrow my own. "Why?"

"Because why else would you bring him up?" Camila asks, bouncing them funnily.

I grin. "Okay, from what I could tell he was really cute. But he did have sunglasses and a hat on." I shrug.

"Still, you can tell if a guy's cute." Paislee says, giggling.

I grin, thinking back to only a couple hours ago out by the pool.

I glance over at Maverick now, getting tired of the silence. "Are you going to introduce me to your friend or does he just get to stare at me?"

"Oh, um," Maverick stutters, looking back and forth between us. "Hadlee, this is Justin. Justin, this is my stubborn ass little sister , Hadlee."

"It's nice to meet you." I inform him, extending my hand politely. "Justin."

A smirk appears upon his lips. "Hello Hadlee."

It was only two words but it somehow left me wanting more of a conversation with him. Nevertheless, it also makes me hope he is nothing like my the person my brother has become. Then again, one can only hope.

"Hadlee?!" Camila calls, causing me to snap from my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, blinking a few times.

"You like zoned out, are you okay?" she giggles.

I nod. "Yeah, sorry. I was thinking."

"About Maverick's friend?" she asks, smirking.

I roll my eyes, a smile playing on my lips. "Maybe."

"Was he really, like, that cute?" Daniella asks, giggling.

I grin wider now. "What I could see, yes."

"Did he talk enough for you to know what type of guy he is?" Paislee asks, raising her brows.

I shake my head, shrugging. "No. He just said hi to me and then when I stormed off he told Maverick to let me go."

"Well that sucks." Cami frowns. "You'll have to see if he's around more often." she says, winking.