Sixteen.

I never thought that this town would be even remotely likable to me. But then again I guess when a guy comes into the picture and makes you happy, it changes all perspective. Justin had changed my point of view of not only this experience. But the destination itself. I didn't even think that was possible. But I guess everything is possible when you don't suspect anything.

"Hey honey." my father says, walking into my room.

"Dad! Ever heard of knocking?" I ask, letting out a breath of disbelief as I look over from my place on the bed where I was previously gazing out the window.

He gives me a look. "Seriously? You're dressed."

"But what if I wasn't." I smirk.

"Then your door would be shut and I would've knocked." he chuckles.

I roll my eyes playfully, a grin on my lips. "Fine. What's up?"

"Just wanted to let you know that your brother is having a pool party this afternoon. I think people are gonna start showing up around four. It's a BBQ type thing. He wanted me to let you know that you're welcome to join them." he grins.

I nod, smiling. "Awesome. Thanks. But why didn't he tell me?"

"He had to go work for a bit and then pick up some stuff at the store. He didn't have time." he shrugs. "Oh and if you don't want to join them and don't wanna stay in your room, Annabelle, Reece and I are going over to Annabelle's parents house to hang out and have dinner. They said they'd like to meet you."

I smile. "I would but I actually would like to attend Maverick's thing." I say, scrunching my face absentmindedly a bit.

He nods. "Alright then. We're headed over there now. We'll see you later on tonight."

I nod. "Alright, love you."

"Love you." he says, kissing my forehead.

My father leaves me peacefully in my room with a smile on my face.

Pool party. How perfect would that be if Justin and I were actually allowed to be seen together. I guess I'll just have to admire him from a distance.... And vice versa.

The door slams almost ten minutes after they leave, causing my brows to furrow before I hear the ruffling of plastic bags coming from the kitchen.

I chuckle to myself, rolling my eyes and getting up before shutting my bedroom door and jogging downstairs. "Having problems?" I laugh, seeing Maverick clumsily placing bags on the counter.

"I didn't wanna take a second trip to the car." He chuckles, giving me a grump face.

I put my hands up in defence. "Hey, I don't blame you."

"Dad told you about my pool party, right?"

I nod. "Yeah, he said you said it was cool if I joined."

He nods. "Yeah, of course."

A smile creeps onto my lips. "Thank you for inviting me."

"Well, it's three now. And my friends always show up early. So I'd start getting ready if I were you." he winks.

I grin, nodding. "Fine. But you better get those burgers and stuff on the grill!"

"I'll start 'em at four thirty, weirdo." he shouts after me as I run up the stairs.

I shut the door to my room, shaking my head with a grin on my lips as I cross the room to my dresser. Opening the top drawer, I pull out my favorite bathing suit before pulling a pair of shorts and a black tank out of the drawer underneath of the first. I then get dressed, keeping my feet bare and not bothering to put on shoes as I'm going out to the pool anyway.