Six.

***

Please VOTE!

***

Two weeks. Two long, boring weeks it's been since Maverick had interrupted me by the pool and I met Justin. Since then, I've tried to keep him from my mind. Not that I've necessarily succeeded. I've spent my time tanning, watching more netflix and FaceTiming the girls. Thankfully, I haven't brought Justin up to them again, so they've probably figured I've forgotten about him... I wish. Majority of the time I find myself using a lot of energy just to try to not think about him. Which always results in me thinking about him more. He hasn't made his way to my room again and the only time I see him is when Maverick is home for dinner and brings him along. By this point I don't care enough to not eat but I do find his eyes on me quite often. That is when I pay any attention at all.

Currently, I sit on my bed with my chin in my palm, my phone in my right hand as I scroll through my nearly dead Instagram feed. If it weren't for Paislee's everyday selfie challenge, it would be bone dry.

A soft knock on my door turns my attention away from the phone and I tell them to come in, assuming it's my father or Annabell as usual.

"Hey honey." my father says, opening the door and sending me the regularly scheduled smile.

"Hi." I answer shortly, licking my lips and turning my attention to him. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to talk to you for a minute." he grins. "I wanted to let you know myself, because I know you and Maverick haven't been getting along. But um, he's having some kind of barbeque pool party thing tonight. I don't know how late it'll go but I figured you might wanna join him and friends for a while. And if it gets too late and you wanna go to bed, let me know and I'll take care of it."

I nod. "Thank you."

He smiles, nodding once. "You're welcome. And hey, try to have some fun tonight. You never go out. Try to make a few friends." he shrugs.

I grin, nodding once again. "I will dad. Thanks."

After an awkward moment in silence, my father nods once more, leaving the room and closing the door behind him as my phone starts to vibrate wildly. My eyes narrow downward, letting the ID show Camila is FaceTiming me. A grin immediately finds its way to my lips and I accept the call, showing my face fully and smiling cheesily.

"Hey babe!" she exclaims almost immediately.

"Hey Cam." I grin. "What's up?"

She shrugs. "Bored. I was thinking about going bowling tonight with the girls."

I nod. "Good idea. You can kick their asses again." I laugh.

She giggles, shrugging. "Yeah, well y'know. The champ is always the champ."

I roll my eyes, smiling. "Yeah, Maverick's throwing some party tonight here at the house so I'm gonna check it out for a while."

She gasps lightly. "Do you think Justin will be there?"

I laugh lightly, nodding. "Probably. I mean, he is Mav's best friend."

She nods, taking my statement into consideration. "True. So, have you decided what you're gonna do?"

I nod. "I've kinda just decided to avoid him as much as possible. I mean, he's cute but I don't wanna get hurt and something tells me he's not a relationship type of guy."

She sighs. "That sucks. I mean, for once you're interested in someone and he turns out to most likely be a jerk."

I snort in her choice of words. "I suppose so, yeah."