Nine.

***

Please VOTE!

***

Minutes blend into hours and soon I find myself sitting on my bed at eleven, phone in hand and mind beyond bored. Getting tired of the feeling, I begin a Facetime call with Paislee, she and Dani showing up on the screen within a matter of seconds.

"Hey!" they call out in unison.

"Hey guys. I wanted to talk to you about something." I begin, biting my lip as I don't want a different topic to start. "I've talked to Cami already but I need to talk to someone other than her."

"Is this about that Justin guy?" Paislee asks, smirking and wiggling her brows.

I nod. "Yes. Look, a couple days ago I was baking and he showed up by himself. Apparently he has a key and he watched me for a couple minutes then called me cute. Later, I went up to my room and he had left a note with his number on it on my bed. Then earlier today he was here and I pulled him to my room and asked him why he left the note. He said he wants to get to know me and we didn't have much time to talk after that seeing as Mav walked in and we had to come up with an excuse to explain why we were in my room." I explain, sighing once done.

"Holy shit." Daniella says, being the first of the two to speak.

"Okay, Hadlee, I get it, he has a way with words and he's the forbidden guy. Of course he's going to be tempting. But what you have to remember is your first impression wasn't a good one and first impressions are everything. You can't fall for his tricks, Lee, you've gotta stick to your gut." Paislee explains, giving me a look of seriousness.

Dani nods. "I agree. I don't think you should risk it."

"But what if my gut is telling me that I was wrong?" I whisper, asking myself more than anyone else.

"Are you sure that's your gut?" Paislee asks, her brows now raised.

I lick my lips, taking a moment to think about it before nodding. "Yes. Guys, I know this sounds crazy but something's telling me that my first impression was wrong. I can feel it. There's more to this guy than I originally thought."

The girls stay silent, taking in my statement.

The front door downstairs shuts, giving me a hint that Maverick is home.

Wait, then why hasn't Justin texted me? Maybe he was just tired like Mav always is.

Just then, there's a knock on my door, making my throat clear itself. "Guys, I gotta go." I say quickly, hanging up. "Come in."

The door opens and Maverick peeks around the corner grinning softly. "Hey, can we talk?"

I nod. "Yeah, sure. What's up?" I ask, patting a spot next to me.

He sits, licking his lips. "I wanted to talk about Justin."

"Oh." I sigh, laughing a little. "I know it must've seemed weird earlier. I really was just asking if he knew anyone I could hang out with."

"I believe you." he nods. "But, I just wanted to ask and it may seem weird but... please stay away from him. I know he's my best friend and I love him but I love you more and you're my little sister. He's not someone I want you to be involved with. For your own good. I don't want you to get hurt." he says, seeming to be nervous.

"So, what your saying is he's a fuck and leave type of guy." I state, nodding and giggling afterwards.

He chuckles, snorting. "No. Well, sometimes. But what I'm saying is overall he's not a relationship type of guy. And I don't want you to fall for his charming ways and get hurt so please, Hadlee, if not for yourself... for me. Just stay away."