Twenty Four.

Walking through the door of his home, Justin runs his hands through his hair, tugging at the ends and walking to the kitchen.

"Hey!" his mother exclaims, grinning over at him.

"Hey mom." he mumbles, grabbing a water and trying to call Hadlee yet again, only for it to go straight to voicemail.

"What's going on?" his father asks, looking over from his place at the breakfast bar.

"Um, well," he says, biting his lip before sighing.

"Is it a girl?" Pattie asks, gasping excitedly.

Justin sighs. "Yeah, kinda."

"Kinda?" Jeremy asks, raising an eyebrow.

He licks his lips, giving up. "Her name's Hadlee."

"Hadlee." Pattie grins. "I like that name."

Justin nods. "Yeah. We've uh, we've been dating for like, three weeks... with complications."

"Complications?" Jeremy asks, confused.

"She's Maverick's sister." he gulps.

"So, that explains why Maverick hasn't been around." Pattie says, leaning against the counter.

He nods. "Yeah. He's pissed. I actually lied to him today and told him Hadlee and I broke up. She's not answering my calls and he's acting weird. Like something's up."

"And she won't answer your calls?" Jeremy asks, furrowing his brows.

Justin shakes his head. "No. Her phone goes straight to voicemail which is so unlike her. Oh and on top of everything Chaz, Rebecca, Caitlin and Ryan showed up at the house today." he scoffs.

"Here?" Pattie asks, her eyes widening.

He shakes his head again, taking a sip of water. "No, no, no. The other house."

"Wow. What did they want?" Pattie asks.

"They said they saw me enter the house a few days ago or something but they were too scared to walk over so they came today." he says, shrugging. "I don't fucking know."

"I'm going to ignore your language for once." Pattie says, sighing. "So, you think something's going on and he won't tell you because he doesn't want you dating his sister?"

I nod. "Yeah. I mean, he's so mad that we're together. And I get it, I don't have the best track record with girls. I used to use them and leave them but... his sister is different. It's cliche and probably sounds stupid but it's true. She makes me wanna be better. She makes me wanna be the best person I can be. He just won't see that because he won't give me a chance to show him."

"That's a shame." Jeremy says. "But, I'll tell you one damn thing."

Justin lifts his head, looking to his father who stands up and walks over.

"You love this girl more than I've seen you love any. If she really means this much to you, you gotta get the information you need out of him to figure out if she's okay." he says, patting Justin's shoulder and walking out of the room.

"He's right." Pattie says, grinning lightly. "I've never heard you speak of a girl like that and baby, that's the kind of love I want for you."

Justin grins. "Thanks mom."

"You're welcome." she says, walking over and putting his face in her hands. "I love you."

"I love you too." he says, nodding.