Eleven.

***

don't forget to VOTE

***

I wish I could say I've seen Justin a lot. But unfortunately over the past two weeks since I snuck out we've only been texting. Well, aside from the three times he's snuck upstairs to see me before Maverick has arrived home. We seems to be getting closer and I have to admit I believe I was correct... the second time. Justin's not who I thought he was at first. Granted, even Maverick had said he's not the relationship type of guy. But there's something about the Justin that I know now that wasn't there when I first met him. Yes, I know it sounds sappy but it's somehow true. Justin is sweeter than I thought. Although when Maverick's around there's a tough aspect to him that I can't quite understand. As if he has some sort of power. I have spent the past two weeks watching new series on Netflix considering there's nothing else for me to do. Camila and the girls have been too busy spending time with one another to Facetime me as our original plans stay in place. Only now it's without me. Not that I blame them, just because I won't have a good summer doesn't mean they shouldn't.

I have, although, considered sneaking out to be with Justin again... or just to get out of the house. But a part of me doesn't feel like arguing with my brother. That part of me being the majority of my mind. I like Justin. More than I'd like to admit and because of that, I can't bring myself to risk us getting caught together. Justin would be disowned as Maverick's friend and I'd be shunned from ever speaking to him again. I'd possibly be shipped back to Texas and although as of now I wouldn't be completely opposed, something here is making me want to stay. And I'm starting to think that it might just be because of Justin. Then again, I don't want Maverick to control my life. If I allow Maverick to tell me what I can do then who will I become. The little girl that was found herself doing whatever she could to try to prove herself worthy to her father. Only now it would be for my brother instead. Not that I know why. I don't know why it would be so important. Which is why I don't want to be that person. I refuse to be that person.

"Lost in thought, princess?"

My head immediately turns up, allowing my sight to set on Justin leaning against my door frame.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, a smile appearing across my lips as soon as my eyes meet his before I frown. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be with Maverick?"

He chuckles, shrugging. "He's being overly hysteric about some stuff and it's boring. So," he pauses, "I decided to give you a visit in your own personal hell."

I laugh lightly, sitting up. "You can come sit with me if you want."

He grins, shutting the door and flicking the lock before walking over and sitting at the end of the bed. "How's school work going?" he asks, gesturing to the computer sitting near me.

I shrug. "Not doing anything today. But in general, good. I'm getting a lot done. What's Mav all hysteric about?" I ask.

I'll make this clear. I like Justin. A lot. Nevertheless I'm still overly confused... and curious as to where he goes all the time and what he does.

Justin shrugs. "Stupid shut. Believe me, if it was entertaining I'd invite you to watch."

I laugh a little before my teeth clench my bottom lip, making me quiet once again.

"Don't you usually have friends you're talking to? From back home I mean." he says after a moments. "I mean I could've sworn that I heard you talking to someone on the phone sometimes."

"Oh, yeah." I nod. "I have a few but they're all busy doing the stuff we had planned to all do together. The only difference is they're doing it without me." I sigh. "I miss them."