Three.

***

Don't forget to VOTE!

***

A week later and I find the stay less irritating that originally thought. I haven't spoken to my mother much but speak to the girls every day. Facetime has become my best friend as I know no one and have no tour guide. My father and Annabell work during the week and Reece goes to daycare. Maverick is never home, just like my father and Annabell had said on the first night. He's gone by the time I wake up and gets home after I fall asleep. I thought my mother had said he was one of the reasons I'm here... yet I've seen him once and at that time he was too exhausted to stay and catch up with me. Now the only thing I find myself interested in is what the hell he does for work. There's no way it's a normal job when he works those crazy hours. Sure, they say if he's not working he's with his friends but if he has a normal job there's a uniform and I doubt he takes clothes with him every day. Plus when I do see him come home, he doesn't have a bag which means he didn't take anything with him. He has to have a job with no uniform. He can wear whatever he wants but what kind of job is that? And why is it so important that I don't know? Why is it being hidden from me? It just doesn't make any sense. I don't even know who my brother is anymore.

I currently sit on my bed, trying to pick apart the clues I've been able to grasp. Although it's not much, it's something. My fingers tap along the length of the keyboard, trying to find something else to write down as my phone begins to vibrate against the wooden bedside table. I grin at the caller ID, accepting the FaceTime call and holding the phone up.

"Hey, guys." I smile, Daniella and Paislee showing up on my screen.

"Heyy!" they respond in unison.

"No one's home again?" Daniella asks, giving me the 'I know the answer' look.

I shake my head, sighing heavily. "Nope. Home alone again. I'm trying to figure out Maverick's job."

"Maverick's job?" Paislee asks, her brows furrowed.

"Why?" Daniella asks.

"Because they're always so secretive about it. He leaves before I'm awake and gets home after I'm asleep. They say when he's not working he's with his friends but the majority of jobs have uniforms and he wears whatever he wants. Plus when he comes home he doesn't have anything with him like he's been working somewhere. It's just him. Something's going on and I wanna know what it is." I inform them.

They sigh.

"Hadlee, maybe you're thinking too far into this." Daniella says, laughing a little at my dedication to something so out there.

I shake my head. "No, Dani, there's something going on and I wanna know what it is."

"Come on, girl doesn't your dad have a pool or something that you can relax by since you're there alone?!" Paislee asks. "Are you really that bored that you have to dive into Maverick's life?"

I sigh, shrugging. "I mean, there is a pool. I guess I can go try to get a tan."

"Yeah, do that and everyone will think you went someone hot and exotic." Dani says, giggling at her hand motions.

I shake my head, laughing softly. "You're too much."

"Only for you babe." she says, winking playfully.

"Hey, where's Cami? She's never there when we're Facetiming." I ask, furrowing my brows now.

"We haven't really seen her." Paislee shrugs.