Bonus Short - Halloween

ابدأ من البداية

I giggle, "Save us, mom!"

"Save yourself!" Lauralyn cries out, Uncle Marcus scooping her up and bringing her to the floor, tickling her while she goes into a hysterical laughing fit. Not a few moments later, Lauralyn's body shakes and convulses, her eyes crossing as she monotones her voice, "One of us...one of us..." she points at me in mom's arms and I scream, my arms tight around mom's neck.

"Not today!" Mom nearly laughs while she holds me tight before she zips out of the bedroom, running down the hall with me to the marble staircase.

Uncle Marcus and Lauralyn are trailing after us, calling, "Join us, join us," in an overly spooky voice.

"Acacia?" Daddy Rian asks with confusion as he's walking up the stairs. We nearly run headlong into him, but she swerves to the side and continues down the stairs.

"Run Daddy Rian!" I call, looking over mom's shoulder to point at Uncle Marcus and Lauralyn while giggling, "the lava monsters are coming!"

Daddy Rian takes one look at Uncle Marcus and Lauralyn before it's too late. They grab him and Uncle Marcus declares, "One of us."

"Mom!" I shriek, laughing as we hit the bottom landing and she heads toward the ballroom.

Grandpa and Grandpa Sebby are sitting in the ballroom at a table, finishing the last of the Halloween decorations. Mom sets me down and whispers, "Go to your grandpas, they'll always protect you."

I grin and take off, running closer while Grandpa asks, "What's going-"

"Lava monsters!" I jump and he catches me, tickling me in the process. I giggle, Grandpa showing me a pumpkin that he's carved to look like a face.

Grandpa Sebby bops my nose and asks, "Do you know why we carve the pumpkins?"

"To make a light so you can see the door and get candy?" I ask, half paying attention as I see mom standing at the doors to the ballroom.

"To ward off evil spirits," Grandpa Sebby draws my attention and I furrow my brows at him. He arches a brow and says, "Perhaps they'll also work on lava monsters?"

Grandpa chuckles and retorts, "That's a bit of a stretch."

"Can't blame me for trying," Grandpa Sebby laughs and Grandpa leans over to kiss his cheek.

"Eww, it's not Valentine's Day," I wriggle out of Grandpa's arms, crawling under the table as I hear Uncle Marcus closer to mom. It's not just him though, other voices are more prominent. Poking my head out near Grandpa's leg, I glance to see the game is over, Lauralyn hugging Grandpa Keir and Grandma Laura while Uncle Marcus is talking to my daddy.

"Are you going to come out, little sparrow?" Grandpa asks a few seconds later and I nod. Grabbing his knee, I pull myself out from under the table and see others arriving.

Aohdan and Rochelle talk with Daddy Rian, furrowing my brows as I haven't seen Daddy Taron since this morning. Relief washes over me though when I see him hauling in bags of candy that Grandpa and Grandpa Sebby are handing out this year. They drew short straws.

Mom calls for me, "Dot."

"Yes mom?" I ask, walking over to the group while my grandpas follow.

"We're going to plan the route for trick or treating, did you figure out your costume?" She asks me and I nod my head.

She smiles at me and says, "Why don't you and Lauralyn get ready and we'll be ready waiting in the next couple of hours getting the castle ready."

"Okay, mom!" I grin, though before I can get outside the doors, daddy wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me off the ground. I giggle when he kisses my cheek and push him, "Daddy, stop," I giggle again, "you're tickling me!"

He chuckles and asks, "How about we talk for a bit, alright?"

"Okay," I see Lauralyn waiting for me and I call, "I'll help you with your costume in a bit!"

"Okie!" She leaves the ballroom and heads up the staircase to my room.

After a few moments, mom follows daddy as he carries me, taking me to an office before shutting the door behind him. He sets me down and asks, "Why do you have to control your emotions?"

"Umm...right now? It's Halloween..." I pout and fold my arms.

The rest of the 7,300 words special Halloween chapter can be found under the Pack Warrior Tier on Patreon

Enjoy the breadcrumb trail...

USE THE LINK ON MY BIO