XLVII.

I'm spending the night at Lisa's house.

Dada is showing me Lisa's childhood pictures and I find it really cute. She even tells me the stories behind those pictures.

"Itong picture na 'to tingnan mo. She's around 7 that time. Wala pa siyang bangs niyan." Turo ni Dada sa isang picture ni Lisa nung maliit pa siya. "Yan yung panahon na hindi pa siya nauuntog."

"P-po?" Tanong ko kay Dada.

"Oo." Dada suppress her smile. "Pansin mo ba na hindi siya nagpapalit ng hairstyle at laging naka-bangs?" Tanong niya sa akin at sinagot ko lang ng pag-iling.

"Da, ano yan?" Tanong ni Lisa nang makita kami ni Dada. Galing siya sa room niya para magbihis.

"Wala. Pinapakita ko lang kay Jennie itong photo album mo. Tara." Paliwanag ni Dada sa kaniya at tinawag siya para samahan kami.

Umupo si Lisa sa tabi ako. Ramdam kong umakbay siya sa akin at pinatong ang chin niya sa balikat ko.

"Da, don't embarrass me, huh?" Sabi ni Lisa using her baby voice with matching pout pa. Cutie

I can't help myself but to pinch her cheeks.

"Ahhh. Why did you pinch me?" She's using her cute voice on me. God, Lisa. Stop that. Kapag ako hindi nakapagpigil. Naku.

"You're too loud kasi."

"Sorry." She apologized and even motioned to zip her mouth. Dork

"As what I've said earlier, hindi tinatanggal ni Lisa ang bangs niya dahil at the age of 8, Lisa got into an accident." I got shocked and looked at Lisa immediately but since she's resting her chin on my shoulder, I accidentally kissed her lips.

"Woah. Not in front of me, kids." Reklamo ni Dada.

"See, Da. She can't resist my beauty." Lisa even flashed a wide grin while wiggling her body.

"Shut up." Mahina kong hinampas ang hita niya at bumaling kay Dada. "Sorry Da. Pero, back to the topic po. What happened? Paanong aksidente?"

"Hindi naman siya grabeng accident. But, well.." she looked at Lisa as if she's asking for her approval before continuing.

"She's riding a bicycle that time. Sa loob lang ng village. You know Lisa, mabilis siya magpatakbo ng bike. But, that time, a stray cat suddenly crossed the street, she tried her best na iiwas yung bike since ayaw niyang masaktan yung pusa. So ang nangyari, nawalan siya ng control sa bike and nabangga yung bike sa gutter ng sidewalk at si Lisa eh tumalsik sa may puno." Dada continued when Lisa nodded her head.

I looked at Lisa at pulang pula ang mukha niya. I think because of embarrassment.

"She hit her head sa trunk ng puno." Dada lean forward to Lisa and hinawi niya ang bangs nito. "Look, she got a scar on here. Yan yung bakas nung accident niya. And isa pa, yung forehead niya is medyo maga than nung wala pang accident. Look."

I look at the picture and look at Lisa simultaneously and I can't help but to laugh.

"Hala Jennie, ang saya huh?" Reklamo ni Lisa habang nakakunot ang noo.

"S-sorry babe. I can't help it. Hahaha. Oh my God. Hahaha." Kahit anong pigil ko sa sarili ko eh hindi ko talaga mapigilang tumawa. Sorry babe.

"Hmmp!" Maybe sumobra na nga ako dahil biglang nag walkout si Lisa at umakyat na ng kwarto niya.

"Pikon talaga yang bata na yan." Naiiling na sabi ni Dada.

"Sorry Da." Paumanhin ko sa kaniya.

"No. Hindi ka sakin dapat mag sorry." Dada said at sinarado na ang photo book. "Sundan mo na yun. Pikon lang talaga yung, but please. Wag mo siyang susukuan, huh?"

"Oo naman Da." I smiled at her. "I assure you that."

"I trust you, Jen. I'm entrusting you my one and only daughter." Dada look at me seriously. "Ikaw lang ang pinakilala niya sa amin na karelasyon niya. And alam mo ba ang golden rule?"

I curiously look at her.

"Pag pinakilala na sa family, wala nang hiwalayan." Pagkasabi niya nun ay nagpaalam na siyang matutulog na.

Umakyat na rin ako sa kwarto ni Lisa.

I saw her na nakabalot ng kumot.

"Babe?" I called her but she don't even give a flinch.

"Babe, sorry na." I hugged her and I felt her body freeze.

"Babe, let's talk. Wag natin palipasin yung gabi na di tayo okay. Please?" I talk with my baby voice hoping that it will have an effect on her.

I waited for at least a minute and thanked God that she got up.

"Aww. My baby cried." I leaned on her and dried her tears.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I hugged her tightly. "Please forgive, love."

"It's okay babe." She said while rubbing my back. "I'm sorry kung ganito din yung naging reaction ko. I'm still traumatized by that incident until now. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay babe." I pulled out of our hug and look directly into her eyes.

"Jennie."

"Lisa, always remember na walang kapintasan mo ang makakapagbago ng nararamdaman ko para sa'yo."

I held her hand and kissed the back of it.

"I love your plumped lips. Your eyes. Your baby voice. Your childish behaviour. All of you." I smiled at her sweetly. "And in addition to that.."

Hinawi ko ang bangs niya at hinawakan ang 'Harry Potter-ish scar niya doon. "I love your lumped forehead. Especially that scar in there." I said to her and kissed that scar.

She pulled me down para magpantay ang mga mukha namin and she gently kissed my lips.

"I love you, Jen." Lisa said while catching her breath.

"I love you more, Lice." I answered her and cuddled with her.

We're doing a 'layer up' position. Lisa is facing up while I rest my face-down directly over the bottom half of her. I stagger our body slightly downwards, so that I can turn my head to the side and rest it on Lisa’s chest.

"Jennie."

"Hmm?"

I waited for about a couple of minutes for her to continue what she's about to say but instead, I heard a soft snores from her.

I look at her and whispered. "I love you, babe. Good night." And I closed my eyes to sleep.

__

:)