how to love yourself

Promises, trust and your heart itself. Are the most beautiful things to give but then the most hardest one if once broken. And you have the urge to believe in love again but you are too afraid that the same things might happen again.

Because people, they change their minds when you are already in their trap. They will leave when you decided to stay, leaving you all alone. Blaming yourself for not being beautiful... for not being enough. They will give lies disguised as promises then breaking it together with your heart. And the world that you had built with them will crumble beneath your feet. People like them, who let go even while you are still holding on, are monsters. Ruthless monsters.

And slowly, you are losing faith in fairy tales and happy endings... in love. You are just a damsel in distress, locked up in that tower of misery.

But you. The one who was forgotten, left behind and deceived will forever be bearing the injury from that downfall. But you will not need a prince to save you. You only need yourself, a careful creature who made friends with time so wounds from yesterday will be healed.

And yes, you already forgot the feeling of how to be loved by people but never forgot to love yourself.